Archetype Cable Cutter & Q2G2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got an Archetype Cable Cutter to convert my Leviathan to DD (I'm tired of chasing it around the desert in 110 degree heat). I use Q2G2's, but I haven't been able to get it to cut a tie wrap in ground testing. Every time it fires, the igniter just blows out of the cap end. I've tried multiple o-rings, hot-melt glueing the igniter in to the cap on both ends, stuffing the cap with tape, etc. to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks!

I got an Archetype Cable Cutter to convert my Leviathan to DD (I'm tired of chasing it around the desert in 110 degree heat). I use Q2G2's, but I haven't been able to get it to cut a tie wrap in ground testing. Every time it fires, the igniter just blows out of the cap end. I've tried multiple o-rings, hot-melt glueing the igniter in to the cap on both ends, stuffing the cap with tape, etc. to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks!

I think that he has a separate cap drilled for Q2G2s - I think that the ematch hole is simply too big. If that doesn't help - maybe putting a knot in the igniter tail and butting that up against the cap and then gluing it in?

Yeah, I just saw that they have a special cap. The next thing I was going to try was to tie a knot in the igniter, but I ran out of Q2G2s first... I went through a whole six-pack ground testing this thing.

I tried a Quickburst Twiggy in it too, but it's too long... screwing on the cap broke the bridgewire.

I think that he has a separate cap drilled for Q2G2s - I think that the ematch hole is simply too big. If that doesn't help - maybe putting a knot in the igniter tail and butting that up against the cap and then gluing it in?

I've done a little Z bend and used an O ring and it's worked for me.

If you want to stick with the normal e-match screws, try hot-gluing them in place. Once you insert the Q2G2 in the screw, all you need to do is fill it from the top, inside of the screw. I would do this prior to actually assembling the cutter itself.

Latest posts

Back