Anyone know anything about this motor?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenf

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Picked it up in a package deal from a gentleman who was getting out of the hobby. Never saw this one before. Looks interesting.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 18 2024, 10 17 37 AM.jpg
    Photo Apr 18 2024, 10 17 37 AM.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 2
I already checked Thrustcurve, I guess what I should of said was "Does anyone know anything about this company".

Also, if anyone is wishing they could still have one of these motors? If so, I could definitely meet up at a MDRA launch or LDRS and sell it to you, or more so I'd be happy to give it away to someone who would love it as long as they launch it at LDRS and I get to witness it.

I already checked Thrustcurve, I guess what I should of said was "Does anyone know anything about this company".

Also, if anyone is wishing they could still have one of these motors? If so, I could definitely meet up at a MDRA launch or LDRS and sell it to you, or more so I'd be happy to give it away to someone who would love it as long as they launch it at LDRS and I get to witness it.
Now THAT is tempting. I wasn't planning on flying anything at LDRS but hopefully someone takes you up on that.

Ellis Mountain closed its doors after Robert Ellis, the owner, died after a paragliding accident in 2007. He made a lot of long burn motors and actually produced Aerotech motors for AT for a while after their Las Vegas fire in 2001. One has to assume there aren't a ton left out there anymore. It'd be super cool to see it fly!

Yes, Ellis Mountain made motors generally long burns.

It was in West Texas if I recall, and they even made motors for AT right after the fire to keep the supply chain at least in some motors. I have some of their 24mm E and F motors still in my stash.

I flew the H and I 29mm motors, and my Friend Scott Miller flew at least 2 M1000 75mm long burns.

Our Team flew an M1000 as the second stage at XPRS:

Last edited:

I flew one of my H50s at LDRS 23 in an Estes Eliminator setup with a 29mm mount so it was almost min diameter and had the plastic EnerJet 1340 fin can Estes was using.

I did not find it, but the next day I saw it in the lost and found box, it was a ride of a long burn flight.
That G Motor should do well in a similar rocket.

Last edited:
To bad :(

Why not your self?
That’s a good question. I don’t currently own anything small enough to fly on it but I bet my wife’s Initiator should go well on it. As long as the motor won’t blow her rocket up I might do it if no one else wants to fly it.

That’s a good question. I don’t currently own anything small enough to fly on it but I bet my wife’s Initiator should go well on it. As long as the motor won’t blow her rocket up I might do it if no one else wants to fly it.
I might, I’ll have to see if I have any thing light enough…

I still have some Ellis E12s. Flew a bunch of them when they were available up through the 54 mm L330.
Ellis E12a.JPG

Id like to see more in the G30 range for my midpower rockets. I'm very fond of the G40W but of course it's 29mm. Very cool.

Cheers / Robert
I make 24 mm G motors, currently a 100 N-s G20. Starting experimenting with a full G32. These have a 5 sec burn. The G20 is 8" long and the G32 will be 12" long. The 8" core burner is a G80.

Back