Anybody use Limewire?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I use it or should I say I used it for a while then I stopped using because I have dial up.

Originally posted by RocketmanTM
Yep. Much safer than Kazaa or Morpheus...

Morpheus is great though becuase it searches more than one network... though with any of these there are more currupt and virus infected files floating around than there are good ones...

I used to download music off of it, then I got rid of it for two reasons:

1) I didn't need any more viruses than we already had
2) I didn't want record companies knocking down my door.

I now use iTunes Music Store to download music.

Jason

Originally posted by jetra2
I used to download music off of it, then I got rid of it for two reasons:

1) I didn't need any more viruses than we already had
2) I didn't want record companies knocking down my door.

I now use iTunes Music Store to download music.

Jason

I was wondering about that. Didn't seem to legal to be able to download gobbs of music and only pay a small fee upfront. Though I wonder if that fee serves as a way to help keep the record folks somewhat happy?

Limewire is just a P2P (peer to peer) sharing network, its not their fault if you trade copyrighted music...but it is your problem if you get caught

Originally posted by Countdown
Limewire is just a P2P (peer to peer) sharing network, its not their fault if you trade copyrighted music...but it is your problem if you get caught

Best just to buy the CD's then.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Best just to buy the CD's then.

Yes but things like Itunes are nice becuase you can buy 1 single track for .99 cents, most cds only have a couple worthy songs

I hear ya there, Countdown. I recently bought Seether's album, Karma and Effect, and the only two really good songs on it were Remedy and Truth. The rest sucked. I'll buy CD's in the future, but not until I listen to the samples available through iTunes.

Jason

I buy my music through a variety of sources these days. Wal Mart, MSN, and Musicmatch are the ones I use most often. I donated a big chunk of my cd collection to the local library last year, mostly because they were cds with only one or two tracks on them that I liked. I'd rather pay $.88 to $.99 to just get what I want and not have to worry about the filler.

Limewire at one time came bundled with spyware, though I don't know if thats the case anymore.

I use eMule for p2p stuff, mostly finding old classic games you can't find in stores anymore.

I use it, but I don't share any of my files.Because it uses up my download and then I'm back on dial up speed which is so bad.

Alex

I used to use limewire ages ago. I stopped using it when stuff got harder to fins. Moved on to kazaa-lite, then emule. Recently started using bit torrents.

Originally posted by Nerull
Limewire at one time came bundled with spyware, though I don't know if thats the case anymore.

I use eMule for p2p stuff, mostly finding old classic games you can't find in stores anymore.

Limwire is full of spyware... even after its long gone off of your system... my spyware software picks up some limwire spyware every now and then and its been off of the PC for over a year

My folks have it on thier computer and I've used it there, works great and they don't seem to have any spyware or virus issues.

My brother (Big J S.A.M.) runs a DJ/Karaoke show and uses limewire on thier computer to download music all the time.

Check out Big J entertainment at : https://www.bigj-entertainment.com/default.php

iTunes has been a $$ maker for Apple, that's for sure. I'd rather get used CD's and rip them to MP3 myself. That way, I'm in control of the encoding quality (I use EAC and LAME) and no DCM copyright stuff to worry with.

I often use emule, but I mostly use bittorrent which is used alot in the linux community to help share the load with getting big files distributed.

Once you have access to the AAC file, you can burn a disc. After that, when you rip the files to the computer, you can encode them as mp3. This makes it easier to move the files around. I am a music teacher and I access my computer, playing files all the time.

I like iTunes as well. Legit, good selection, and all.

Originally posted by Argyll
iTunes has been a $$ maker for Apple, that's for sure. I'd rather get used CD's and rip them to MP3 myself. That way, I'm in control of the encoding quality (I use EAC and LAME) and no DCM copyright stuff to worry with.

Back