Any PHP guru's?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
Im trying to install phpbb onto my friends site. Problem is that godaddy.com doesn't allow the changing of permissions for their ftp's, which is a step needed to allow the install to go through.

I set up different MySQL databases, trying every option I could, but nothing worked. I keep getting the message that

The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose

Just wondering if anyone has any way around/pointers/suggestions.

thanks

I take it your friends hosted with godaddy?

You say "permissions for their ftp's"
You mean they won't allow you to change file and directory permissions? Or its just not known how?

p.s. i always advise SMF over phpbb

Screenshots what I get... Does SMF give the option to install without changing permissions?

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
Screenshots what I get... Does SMF give the option to install without changing permissions?

So who is hosting you? Have you checked with the host to make sure they allow permission changes? If they do then its time to look into other causes, until then it might simply be you can't.

I don't recall if SMF requires it or not, I would assume so. I do so anyway just to make things more secure weather instructions say to or not.

Godaddy.com is hosting, I guess the question now is does anyone know of a way to enable writing or modifying permissions with godaddy? I've fooled around in the control panel for awhile but dont see anything.

thanks again

edit:

btw, site is www.painfullyprep.com , its my friend's comic about our school.

If you have a ftp client you can try and change them via ftp instead of a control panel.

Google might be your next stop, searching on how to change permissions with godaddy.

Back