Another TLP kit Bash 2.6 diameter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Morgan

Reaction score
Last kit I've got to Bash from TLP. *must buy more*
I really don't like the looks of the stubby nose cone so I'll probably
rob one from my other scratch build I'm working on now.

The length is 23.5", without the nose cone. 1/8" Basswood used for the fins, epoxied to the tube
and motor mount.

The fins are through the wall. My Flail rocket fins have been repaired twice now, so this shouldn't happen so
easily to this one.

I used an Estes motor hook, like all the other recent builds, but for this one I used a 3-3/4" in length.
I don't care for the TLP motor hooks. The Estes motor hooks have the extra length and bends to it so you can
get a finger on it much better and they slide out of the way when you load them, (that's for new-comers of course)
TLP Bash 22.jpgTLP Bash 2.jpg
I cut up one of those Ugly nose cones and glued it to the tail. At first it had most of it's length and
had the appearance of a cone but I was afraid it would eventually get burned out so it got cut off
shorter, just covering up the motor hook.

JP

Last edited:
Painted! Kind of psycho.
Red and Purple Metal Cast by Dupli-Color.
The Purple doesn't cover very well, lesson learned. The Red looks really good though.
I won't use these colors again, too expensive!
TLP Bash primer.jpg TLP Bash paint.jpgView attachment 170076
The picture doesn't show true colors...

JP

Last edited:
Finished and ready for launch. May go out today and send it up along with a few others.
Sorry but my camera, capable of video, is extremely hard to keep up with rockets.
Maybe I'll get someone to the launches to get a good video soon.
TLP Bash finished.jpg
I placed a few vinyl stickers on it so it wouldn't be Naked!

JP

With the Hot Rod paint job and reinforcements it is time for some peppy composite motors!
Yup!
I flew it today, 2 flights and they were perfect, well except for the nose cone springing back on the first ejection
and putting a ding in the paint. I used an Estes D12-3 both flights. I've got an AT E20-4W I'll use next time out!
I'm supposed to be getting an email with the video later.
TLP Bash on the Pad.jpg
JP

Last edited:
Neat looking rocket, nothing like the old Estes shock cord dent, gives the rocket character. :)

TA

Neat looking rocket, nothing like the old Estes shock cord dent, gives the rocket character. :)

TA
Thank you.
Yeah the dent, it's my first one!
I'm working on the video but my PC doesn't support the file! It's a Google downloaded file sent to me in an email.
I was able to capture some screen shots.
First launch D12-3.pngLanding first launch D12-3.pngLanding by the truck first launch 2.png
The rocket landed about 20 feet from my truck! Wind was blowing around 4-6 MPH. I put plenty of angle on the pad.
Second launch, we didn't get the take off.second launch.jpg
This has been a Great place to launch, I hate it's going to be planted soon! At the other end of the field is a small river
that has good fishing, at least I can go there and wet a hook and it won't change, with the exception of a flood.

JP

Last edited:
Back