Another Television Rant. 2014 Shows They Showed Last Year!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New episode Tomorrow People tonight.

I used only antenna for about 10 years. Got cable TV due to a deal and kept it because my reception here isn't consistent. Thinking about dropping it ... after the winter.

Is "Sex Sent Me To The ER" also under "Animals?"

No, it's listed as "Health/Medicine", but I've watched it a couple of times and it is pretty funny.
New "American Pickers" tonight. I like Antiques and History, so I'll be watching that. Tonight's Episode they go to Vermont, my State.

Last edited:
I gave up cable over 4 years ago... almost 5 now. Same story as others reported here. Big bills, little interesting stuff, too many commercials.

I put together a home theater PC (HTPC) which can record off the air TV, and everything else is either Netflix, either by disc (mostly bluray, when available) or streamed.

Those of you who like streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc. should pay attention to the recent decisions hurting net neutrality. The battle isn't done yet, but the recent decision basically struck down the current implementation concept for net neutrality and paves the way for Time Warner, Verizon, or whoever your ISP is to throttle or block connections to specific sites, or give their own services preferential bandwidth. No politician not clearly for net neutrality gets my vote.

The great thing about the HTPC is it lets me suck the content off rented discs, store it until I watch it (then delete it, I'm not pirating anything), so I've always got a copious queue of new stuff I want to watch. No commercials. Ever.

Marc

Those of you who like streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc. should pay attention to the recent decisions hurting net neutrality. The battle isn't done yet, but the recent decision basically struck down the current implementation concept for net neutrality and paves the way for Time Warner, Verizon, or whoever your ISP is to throttle or block connections to specific sites, or give their own services preferential bandwidth. No politician not clearly for net neutrality gets my vote.
Yep, and this guy, a former ISP owner and operator, has been correctly predicting this day for a long time for technical reasons. Streaming of all kinds is going to become less economically attractive as a result.

Netflix Is DONE

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=227582

Streaming Service: Death By 1,000 Cuts?

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3310329

The Military Channel apparently ran out of "Military Themed" Shows, because tonight they have "The Devils Triangle" about the Bermuda Triangle, and "Myth Hunters" about King Solomons Mines and the Lost City of El Dorado.

And back to my original Post about the Show "Brain Games", my Brian must be either broken or an enigma, because after having been watching it for a few Episodes, I don't seem to fall in line with the "Normal" results on most of their "Games".:confused:

Back