Altimeters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll second Conway's suggestion to look at Missile Works products if you want a tremendously reliable, simple deployment altimeter and don't mind the lack of recording. I have 2 RRC2X's, and may pick up a Mini at some point. Wonderful products.

Agreed, The missleworks is what I first used and I have a few of them. I use the RRC2 for the one to rely on and the Mawd for back up. The Perfectflite has been very reliable and as it works out the Mawd is set to deploy the main at 400ft. and the RRC2 is set to 300ft for the main. I would like to see logging be added to the missleworks altimeters. Two fine altimeters that work together for the way I use them so far.

Agreed, The missleworks is what I first used and I have a few of them. I use the RRC2 for the one to rely on and the Mawd for back up. The Perfectflite has been very reliable and as it works out the Mawd is set to deploy the main at 400ft. and the RRC2 is set to 300ft for the main. I would like to see logging be added to the missleworks altimeters. Two fine altimeters that work together for the way I use them so far.

Jim the owner of Missile Works has told/posted to our local club (as he is from our area) that he does in fact have more new units based off of his new RRC2 mini that will be higher altitude/recording/multi output/downloaded data/and even mentions of a GPS set up. Along with that a new model of Timer like the PET was and a new wireless unit like the WRC was..

constevens
Jim the owner of Missile Works has told/posted to our local club (as he is from our area) that he does in fact have more new units based off of his new RRC2 mini that will be higher altitude/recording/multi output/downloaded data/and even mentions of a GPS set up. Along with that a new model of Timer like the PET was and a new wireless unit like the WRC was..

That sounds outstanding :D

Back