Alternative to Madcow Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketcharlie

Reaction score
I just tried to order 4 pieces from Madcow. A 2' piece of 3" fiberglass airframe. 2 bulkheads and a 3" plastic nose cone. The shipping costs were quoted as $106. I feel this is outrageous. The airfame is to mate with a fin can that I already have. Can anyone steer me towards an airframe that is the same size? The existing fin can is ID 76.15 mm, the OD is 79.23 mm, with a wall thickness of 1.65 mm.
I can't abide with a shipping cost that is the same as the cost of the order.

Thanks

I just tried to order 4 pieces from Madcow. A 2' piece of 3" fiberglass airframe. 2 bulkheads and a 3" plastic nose cone. The shipping costs were quoted as $106. I feel this is outrageous. The airfame is to mate with a fin can that I already have. Can anyone steer me towards an airframe that is the same size? The existing fin can is ID 76.15 mm, the OD is 79.23 mm, with a wall thickness of 1.65 mm.
I can't abide with a shipping cost that is the same as the cost of the order.

Thanks

Call them on the phone tomorrow to see if it is the real shipping price.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely call them. That has to be a mistake. I have ordered from them many times and shipping has always been reasonable.

OP here. As suggested, I called Madcow, and yes, they said there must be a mistake. They are supposed to send me an invoice with the correct shipping fee.

Thank you everyone-

Back