AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheesh, I might have picked a bad time to have just gotten my L1...
Looks like I'll just have to pick some up sooner than anticipated.
Time to get some RMS reload cases.
(some of them ship without hazmat shipping charges)

Not really. The only motor we have planned for actual release this year so far is the B14T.
And based on what you just posted above, I'll plan on Estes B6s in my egg lofter at NARAM. Oh well, whenever they are available, I will be wanting to fly some.

As noted elsewhere, it's a good problem having more demand than you can meet, but it's still a problem. The best of luck solving it in such a way that makes sense for the long-term viability of AeroTech.

I will return to trying to be patient.

Just got a 29/180 and a 29/360 as well as the RAS for them this week. May have to look into a 38/240.
Good combo. I also got the 29/240 because the 29/360 with spacers won't fit in a few of my rockets. Accidentally fell into a 38/240, which I've used a few times so far. I have the 38/480 w/RAS to cover much of the rest. 38/600 will have to wait until I build something long enough....

Hans.

Would go for a 38/720 over the 600 if you have a RAS. The 720 is awesome and with the RAS you get to fly the I435. That’s a fantastic, hard hitting I motor!

Would go for a 38/720 over the 600 if you have a RAS. The 720 is awesome and with the RAS you get to fly the I435. That’s a fantastic, hard hitting I motor!
Problem is the "head room" of such a long case. I only have one rocket at the moment that will fit the 600! But, yes, I'll need to map this out....

Hans.

The 720 gets you a J, if you want to cert L2 one day. If you only have one rocket that fits the 600 but it won't fit the 720, just fly that on the 480 and plan future builds to fit the 720.
That's kind of where I was heading. But one step at a time, I've got tons of 38/360 and 38/480 loads to burn up. And 38/240 too, for that matter.

Hans.

including making huge investments in new capital equipment and personnel.
So... I don't see any "job openings" or "help needed" list on any of the Aerotech, RCS, Quest, etc pages... are you looking for more applications, if so what positions.... Or is it a matter of training new hires, and getting them up and going. Or getting new equipment up and going.

So... I don't see any "job openings" or "help needed" list on any of the Aerotech, RCS, Quest, etc pages... are you looking for more applications, if so what positions.... Or is it a matter of training new hires, and getting them up and going. Or getting new equipment up and going.
Free beer, and I'm there.

Hans.

IMPORTANT: Please read.

Orders for “H” type to “O” type rocket motors: 20 to 25 weeks or sooner if possible.
This is awesome that you are so inundated with orders, but man I hope you get production ramped. Any idea when you believe you'll be caught up?

As soon as I saw this I ordered some more motors from Wildman, hoping they will hold me over with everything else I already have until Black Friday this year. Looks like I will have to plan on ordering everything I might want next year this November! :)

It seems like every launch we have some college team doing 10 certification flights.
Same here. 35 in March, at least 10 more in April. Several college teams doing their test flights.
Just a quick note:
K2050....sweet!!
Flown a couple of these, still have 1 more. K1103X is another good motor. Free 400 N-s. Won't be flying K1100s any more.

Same here. 35 in March, at least 10 more in April. Several college teams doing their test flights.

Flown a couple of these, still have 1 more. K1103X is another good motor. Free 400 N-s. Won't be flying K1100s any more.
Ah, there's a K1103 staring at me! Another K2050 is right there too! Your right about the K1100. Mine is going to sit for a bit longer! 😎

I bought some G78-4G SU LMS motors. I made a mistake and should have purchased -7s.

Are there any delay kits that I can get a -7 delay for use in this motor (or any of the LMS)?

If I want to go in the opposite direction, will any of the delay tools work on the LMS...so I can just always buy long delays and drill them to my needs?

Thanks!

This is awesome that you are so inundated with orders, but man I hope you get production ramped. Any idea when you believe you'll be caught up?

As soon as I saw this I ordered some more motors from Wildman, hoping they will hold me over with everything else I already have until Black Friday this year. Looks like I will have to plan on ordering everything I might want next year this November! :)
We don't, because the orders and special projects keep piling in. We will try to keep everyone updated on the backlog status, which we expect to begin to improve in about 30 days.

I bought some G78-4G SU LMS motors. I made a mistake and should have purchased -7s.

Are there any delay kits that I can get a -7 delay for use in this motor (or any of the LMS)?

If I want to go in the opposite direction, will any of the delay tools work on the LMS...so I can just always buy long delays and drill them to my needs?

Thanks!

I found some G77 LMS-4 motors as well in my stash that I need to get 7s for. Seems I burned all the 7s years ago and only have a few -4s left.

Instructions are here, if you don't have the sheets with your motors:
https://www.rocketmotorparts.com/page/instructions

I just checked the G78 sheet, and there are very clear directions about what delay kits to use to achieve what delays, right on what would be the front page if it was printed and folded:

https://d3l66gvjdr7rqw.cloudfront.net/Templates/170652/myimages/g78g_lms_in_20206_1642628632334.pdf

It's in the black box where it says, "To change delays..."

1715448012295.png

@AeroTech

Are there any plans to make any Super Thunder grains, besides the ones for the H13 and H14 available on RCS? I'd especially love to get my hands on 38 and 75mm grains.
No plans but thanks for the suggestion. Possibly after we make some progress catching up with regular product orders.

Thanks!
Yes, the 29/38mm RMS Delay Drill Tool will work for that.

Yes, the 29/38mm RMS Delay Drill Tool will work for that.
Thanks for that....

For the 7 second delay on the G78, when I try to find the RDK-02 Plus, they are unobtanium from anywhere but Italy.

Is the CRDK-02 the same thing? It says that it is a 14 second delay.

I guess I'm confused on how to get a 7 second delay...use the CRDK-02 as instructed on the motor package, or should I assume the CRDK-02 is a 14 second delay as indicated on the CRDK-02 description?

Thanks...

Thanks for that....

For the 7 second delay on the G78, when I try to find the RDK-02 Plus, they are unobtanium from anywhere but Italy.

Is the CRDK-02 the same thing? It says that it is a 14 second delay.

I guess I'm confused on how to get a 7 second delay...use the CRDK-02 as instructed on the motor package, or should I assume the CRDK-02 is a 14 second delay as indicated on the CRDK-02 description?

Thanks...
Wilman has them

https://wildmanrocketry.com/products/rdk-02

Edit.. the description says it is for short delay in HPR Motors. Mm

I don't think they ship hazmat.

Latest posts

Back