AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heaven forbid you give too much away ! :grin: I'll try to be patient as I get down to my last package of Q2s from a 6 year old order. Still some love for Quest out here.

I believe you will all be greatly rewarded for your patience. :smile:

AT Classic. Not sure if I ever heard of that one. I think White Lighting is as classic as it gets. The ST sounds very nice. Heck they all do.

Thanks AT

Glad you enjoyed that, that size is where we are headed next with DMS...what I call a 3 grain 54DMS. Dark Metal, AT Classic and maybe a super thunder.

AT Classic was a low smoke formula, right?

A Super Thunder DMS in same size as the K535? That will be a spanking load😀

AT Classic was a low smoke formula, right?

A Super Thunder DMS in same size as the K535? That will be a spanking load��

Yeah, the Classic is a low smoke with orange flame. I guess you could say it's kind of like Kosdon Slow/Fast and Vulcan Hellfire.

Charlie- nice to meet you today at NSL. You were showing the Monstra to my wife and I near the end of the launch today. Thanks for taking the time with us!

There are pictures of the Monstra on the AT Facebook page. Charlie said it should be available fairly soon for sale.

Charlie- nice to meet you today at NSL. You were showing the Monstra to my wife and I near the end of the launch today. Thanks for taking the time with us!

Thanks for stopping by and checking the kit out, it was nice speaking with you. Hope to chat again soon.

Pictures? Pretty please? :D

The decals are not 100% settled yet but they will look something like this. Here are some pics...first on an H550ST and then on an I180W. Not pictured is the beautiful I357, you will just have to take my word for it :wink:

DSC_4556.jpgDSC_4829.jpgIMG_4813.jpg

Charlie Any idea when the K-ST maybe ready fro sale?? I can't wait.

I don't have a timeline yet, we will be introducing SuperThunder to most of the lines. We are currently developing 75mm loads, 54mm will be next. Would like to have them available before the end of this launch season but not sure if that is possible.

I'm trying to simulate flying a M1297 in a 75/6400 case. Can someone tell me how much a 75mm spacer and one grain worth of case weigh? I seem to recall that CTI stated 400g for each spacer and case length that you add.

I heard at the LDRS Banquet a report on Motor certification , sounded like a round of tests were completed and motors approved - but not heard any real details or announcements

Kenny

I have the test results and thrustcurves. Hope to get motor files made over the weekend. The M4500 ST looks really nice😀

Hi Charlie,

Couple of questions for you and the Aerotech team:

First, last year, AT (or your local AT vendor) was handing out delay kits for the RMS-EZ reloads after there had been forward "closure" blow-by's (See Aerotech news release from 7/13/15). Now, I have all my delays, and the proper non-disposable closures to use them, but I've also picked up some newer RMS-EZ loads since then. Is there still an advisory about using the RMS-EZ forward closures? Or has this issue been resolved? I'd hate to see this happen in one of the new season's rockets!

Second question, do you have any updates with respect to the much awaited 24/60 reloads or the 29/40-120 loads you've mentioned? Is this still being held up with the testing and certification revisions that are going on (and is there an ECD for those)?

Thanks very much!
Erik McKee

Hi Charlie,

Couple of questions for you and the Aerotech team:

First, last year, AT (or your local AT vendor) was handing out delay kits for the RMS-EZ reloads after there had been forward "closure" blow-by's (See Aerotech news release from 7/13/15). Now, I have all my delays, and the proper non-disposable closures to use them, but I've also picked up some newer RMS-EZ loads since then. Is there still an advisory about using the RMS-EZ forward closures? Or has this issue been resolved? I'd hate to see this happen in one of the new season's rockets!

The 38mm reloads that were originally converted to RMS-EZ were reverted back to the regular RMS-Plus (with long delays) when EZ production was put on hold. However, they kept the same yellow tube packaging and at first glance they may look like EZ's but could very well be Plus's. I'd double check to make sure that your newer reloads actually say RMS-EZ on them. If it says RMS-Plus then you have nothing to worry about as it has the correct delay element parts in there already. Otherwise, you'll just need to get a CRDK or RDK.

Noted! Thanks for the clarification...

Now, what can you tell us about the new reloads? :cool:

-e

I wont steel the limelight from Charlie, but I think you'll be quite pleased :).

There are two new 98 mm Super Thunder loads. The L2500 and the M4500. Motor files already created as I mentioned in the Software forum a couple nights ago.

Wild Minion ready to fly.jpgWild Minion blast off.jpg:

Charlie,

Saturday I launched a 75mm L1040DM, AT/CTI crossload for the first time. It was a spectacular take-off lot's a, fire, smoke, sparks and loud noise...

The motor assembly was simpler than I expected, one less O-ring than the CTI reload. The YouTube video is excellent, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xjmJ-Yur8&feature=youtu.be,
and it should be linked to the AT online instructions.

Less expensive hardware and less expensive reloads, it couldn't be better...:wave:

Thanks,
Spicer

Is there any chance that Aerotech will make available a plugged forward closure for the 24mm casing, like they did for the 18mm casing? Or if not, provide guidance on plugging ejection well of the 24mm casing like they did for the 18mm casing when the C & D glider loads were released?

Thanks,
kj

Is there any chance that Aerotech will make available a plugged forward closure for the 24mm casing, like they did for the 18mm casing? Or if not, provide guidance on plugging ejection well of the 24mm casing like they did for the 18mm casing when the C & D glider loads were released?

Thanks,
kj

You could probably fill it with jb weld.

I'm not a glider person, nor Aerotech, but couldn't you just put the delay grain in, and then put no powder in the ejection charge well?

The difference between what I'm asking, and the replies to change the way I assemble the motor, or add grease, or some other thing, is to have the manufacturer say it's ok and provide official documentation to do that for their motors. In the case of the 18mm casing AT provided the specific guidance to plug the well with JB Weld until the purpose built closed forward closure was available.

Does AT have specific guidance to put grease in the charge cavity to alter the performance of their motors?

Thanks,
kj

For years, when I needed a plugged closure, simply take the delay insulator & fill it with epoxy. [any epoxy works,even 5 minute, I have several, flown dozens of times with negligible wear/burn on epoxy]

Use the O-ring & rubber washer [where used] & insert the dummy delay. Remove dummy when flying with ejection charge.
You are not modifying the motor permanently in any way. Instead you have best of both worlds.
Never had a failure of any type doing this & I know plenty of other fliers doing same.

I started doing this when the redline delay issue began years ago [9-10 yrs?] to keep from having blow-by.
Simple non permanent solution to having a "plugged" closure.

Back