AeroPack Tailcone Ring for DarkStar 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MolarM

Reaction score
Hi-
I'm building a DarkStar 3 and was wondering what to do with the ring that comes with the retaining cone and motor tube mount. I don't know what it's for. Will I need that if I'm only going to use AT 54 RMS motors? I'm trying to size the exit of the motor tube from the end of the body tube. I don't want a space or gap between the end of BT and the cone when the cone retainer is mounted and finished.
Thanks

I haven’t bought one in a few years but I have to use it for all 54mm motors, Loki, AT and CTI. If not, there will be a noticeable gap with the motor and tailcone retainer. Just dry fit before gluing.

Thanks, Yes- I’ll need to test fit all of it before the epoxy touches it. I don’t have a 54 mm case or the hardware for it yet, I suppose that should be the next thing to get. It will prob make more sense when I’ve got everything I need to put it all together.

Mike

Thanks- once the motor casing gets here, I’ll check it all for the fit. I probably should have waited to ask about it
Mike

This is the Aeropack tail cone retainer? FWIW, on my Darkstar 3 I sized everything with a CTI motor without the ring and AT motors work as well, so I'm not sure what the ring was for -- maybe Loki motors? Anyway, don't do anything until you have all the pieces.

Back