• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: WTB: Used Twelve Soviet Missiles of The Cold War

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeenRocketNerd

Reaction score
There are a couple of rockets I am looking to build from the book, but I don't need a new copy, and would like to see if someone is willing to sell or swap for a used copy. Alternatively, I would be satisfied too, if someone would photocopy the pages of interest to me, for which I would also pay accordingly.

Any one that might be able to help please PM me.

Thanks,

Travis :)

It's funny (or at least it is to me), but when I saw the subject line of this thread my first reaction was, "All right, young man, what exactly do you intend to do with those used missiles, hmmmmm?"

Guess I've been a dad too long :p .

Originally posted by TWRackers
It's funny (or at least it is to me), but when I saw the subject line of this thread my first reaction was, "All right, young man, what exactly do you intend to do with those used missiles, hmmmmm?"

Guess I've been a dad too long :p .

ROFL! :p

Awww gee dad, I wasn't gonna do nothing bad, honest!.... ;) :p

so, anyone?!

Originally posted by TeenRocketNerd
ROFL! :p

Awww gee dad, I wasn't gonna do nothing bad, honest!.... ;) :p

so, anyone?!

"Come one dad, no one likes the planet anyways! I heard they found water on mars!! " ;)

thanx, Ben

Alright, Alright... let's got back on topic... (at least until we see if there's life on Mars... ;) )

I'm looking for a used copy, or copied pages from the book : "Twelve Soviet Missiles of The Cold War" by Peter Alway. :D :p

Thanks!

-T

The moon is blocking my view of Uranus !!!!

I'll use the rest for paperweights

Originally posted by TeenRocketNerd
There are a couple of rockets I am looking to build from the book, but I don't need a new copy, and would like to see if someone is willing to sell or swap for a used copy. Alternatively, I would be satisfied too, if someone would photocopy the pages of interest to me, for which I would also pay accordingly.

Any one that might be able to help please PM me.

Thanks,

Travis :)

which ones do you need

seven of those drawings are available here
https://yellowjacketsystems.com/alway/missile_scale_data.htm

No prob,

the r2 is simply a stretched v2, I have the details on that one
I'll check to see if I have the scub b dimensions and get back to you.

12 Missiles of the Cold War is available for just $15 from NARTS.

Mike Schmidt of Moldin Oldies makes a great clone of the Estes BT60B Scud B nosecone for just $7.

The Estes version of the kit is detailed pretty well on JimZ's site. I have this rocket, if you need measurements taken.

But if you're doing a real scale duplication, some liberties may have been taken on the dimensions.

Originally posted by DaveCombs
The Estes version of the kit is detailed pretty well on JimZ's site. I have this rocket, if you need measurements taken.
But if you're doing a real scale duplication, some liberties may have been taken on the dimensions.

Exactly, that's why I want scale measurements, because I know that many/most/all of estes' "Scale" rockets are really only "semi scale." And, when it comes to things like that, I'm a perfectionist... ;) I have an original estes scud-b cone, but I want the dims for an upscale... looks like if I want scud details I might have to order a new copy of the book when the rocket budget permits... :(

But, thanks to Stymye I can get started on my Canadian Arrow to R2 bash! :D

Back