• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: WTB: Ammo Can

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runandgun13

Reaction score
I am in need of a way to store and transport my rocket motors. I was wondering if anyone had any extra 50 cal or other big ammo cans they would be willing to sell.

Just a thought, which you've probably already considered, how about picking up one at a local Army/Navy surplus store?

The reason I mention it, is that shipping on an Ammo can could be pricey - relative to it's cost.

Also, you didn't mention what size motors you were wanting to carry but, here's how I carry mine - sizes A thru E. Picked these plastic containers up at Wal-mart in the fishing supplies. See pics 9 & 10.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22286&highlight=box

Originally posted by akpilot
Just a thought, which you've probably already considered, how about picking up one at a local Army/Navy surplus store?

The reason I mention it, is that shipping on an Ammo can could be pricey - relative to it's cost.

Also, you didn't mention what size motors you were wanting to carry but, here's how I carry mine - sizes A thru E. Picked these plastic containers up at Wal-mart in the fishing supplies. See pics 9 & 10.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22286&highlight=box

Didn't think of that. Thanks for the idea.

Originally posted by akpilot

Since model rocket motors are not explosives [even the ATF rules exempt motors of 62.5 grams], they don't require special storage or transportation arrangements.

Northern Tool in MN carries surplus ammo cans.

For BP motors, I use a Zag brand organizer that is 3" deep - just right for standing the motors on end. It looks like:

https://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HD...=1&cpncode=12-22352392-2&srccode=cii_13736960

but bring a tape measure with you (or use one of HD's) to measure the depth Just To Be Sure.

I carry composite motors in a different plastic tool box, along with the motor casings.

Glen

Or you might try your local gun show. I picked up several at shows.

Al

Originally posted by als57
True, but they usually charge admission (our local one usually charges $7 or $8) so it sorta takes the bargain away.

Originally posted by als57

Al

We have one coming here in June where a bunch of vets show off their guns and sell random stuff. Since my dad buys the tickets for admission, I will probably try there.

Back