• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Want to Buy - Low Power Tower Launcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a low power tower launcher. I'd really prefer the Apogee one but if you have any type to sell, let me know by PM or email.

Thanks,

Gus

Still no responses.

My problem is that the folks who would be willing to sell their tower launcher have probably lost interest to the point that they no longer frequent TRF or other rocketry sites.

If you can think of anyone who might want to sell their tower launcher, perhpaps a former member of your club who has moved on to other pursuits, please let them know of my interest.

They can always contact me through here.

Thanks,

Gus

Still haven't found one.

If you know of one available, please let me know.

Gus

Originally posted by Gus
Still haven't found one.

If you know of one available, please let me know.

Gus

why not make a wood one with dowels and 2x2's?

Ben

Originally posted by uncle_vanya
Will this work?
Thanks for trying to help. The QCR piston is very nice but the tower part is just 3 foot long pieces of balsa attached to the top of the piston. This works fine for very lightweight models off a short piston, but won't work at all for egglofters, and is somewhat risky if trying to use a longer piston with minimum diameter models.

QCR makes very nice, competitive, reasonably priced kits and I highly recommend them for anyone looking to learn how to build competition rockets. I have one of their 13mm piston kits which taught me how to make pistons.

Another good source of competition rockets is ASP. I particularly like their egglofters and competition parachutes.

Thanks again for trying to help with the tower.

With so few people competing these days I know there must be a couple of hundred Medalist towers laying unused in people's attics, garages, or basements.

If you know of anyone willing to sell one, please let me know.

Originally posted by Gus
Thanks for trying to help. The QCR piston is very nice but the tower part is just 3 foot long pieces of balsa attached to the top of the piston. This works fine for very lightweight models off a short piston, but won't work at all for egglofters, and is somewhat risky if trying to use a longer piston with minimum diameter models...

Thanks again for trying to help with the tower.

With so few people competing these days I know there must be a couple of hundred Medalist towers laying unused in people's attics, garages, or basements.

If you know of anyone willing to sell one, please let me know.

Well dang. I was hoping. If you find more than one point one my way as well. I may have to build one... 'er actually plasticpaul may have to build one for me.

What are you looking for exactly, Gus?
Got a pic?
What kind of functionality does it need?

Just build a tower, say plans for them in a magazine somewhere.

11Bravo,

I am looking for a low power competition tower launcher. Apogee sold one a few years ago called the Medalist. A photo is attached below.

Back