• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: 29mm casing for a G

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Health conscious mower...good for your heart :p

lawnmower.jpg

Johnnie

Don't show my dad. I already use a push mower and on the big lawns it is murder.

Originally posted by Lucky 94
Don't show my dad. I already use a push mower and on the big lawns it is murder.

wow you got it bad, I have self propelled and its laster 15 years!! :D paid my dad $50 for it and I pay for gas oil, tune ups, etc. but I make $1500 (or more) each mowing season for the past years! I actuslly have 2 more lawn this year so I will make aroun 1800 :D

Ben

Grrrr. My neighbors are cheepskates and most won't let me work for them. Plus last years season came to a halt after a yellowjacket attack the day before boyscout summer camp,( and a weird, overpriced space exploration merit badge, aka, excuse to build a rocket and waste 30min.)

I used a baby bottle brush, and I always had a large pack of baby butt wipes handy...usualy the cheapy Wally World brand.

Johnnie

The sooner you clean the casing, the better, as the residue seems to get harder as it cools.

As soon as my casing is cool enough to handle, I take off both closures and set them aside, then I put my thumb on the nozzle and push the whole works out of the casing and into the trash bag. Take a baby wipe and wipe out the threads really good, then the rest of the casing interior, trying to get as much crap out of it as you can. Then, clean off the closures the same way - paying special attention to cleaning the threads. If there's "stuff" I can't clean off with the wipes, I'll use a toothbrush with some vinegar, then wipe it off with a baby wipe again.

one thing I have found usefull is a toothpick. Hold it in th threads and slowly turn the case and it gets al the gunk out. DO the same for the closure.

Ben

The other bit of advice I can give is to not assemble your first reload alone. Ask a more experienced flyer to assist, and things will go alot smoother. Trust me. I was 27 (ish) when I assembled my first reload, and I spread the parts out and stared at them for awhile not sure what to do. One of the other guys in the club saw the dumb look on my face and came over. A few minutes later, we were all set, and I've been fine ever since.

This hobby is expensive without having to buy new casing and rockets because of mistakes made due to inexperience. Don't be afraid to ask for help - there's no stupid question in this hobby.

At the next club launch I will see if someone can help me,( it will have to be NSL, I don't think I can get up to Muncie over a weekend, impossible to persuade parents.).

Well, if that's the case - come find me at NSL, and I'll be glad to help you with anything you might need! As it gets closer to NSL, I'll let you know how to find me (not sure what all I'm gonna be bringing and flying yet, but once I do, I'll let you know what to look for to find me).

So far it is me and my dad who are going. Maybe a few others. This will be my first big event that I attend. I am diffinetly going to fly since it is free for me. i am bringing my Tall Boy and G for Giant Jupiter for sure.

Cool - I hope to meet you there, then! This will be my first big national event as well. The club I'm in hosted NARAM recently, but it was a week that I was otherwise comitted, so I was unable to attend. I can't wait for NSL!

Me neither. I can't wait to have a large flat space to fly and to meet some people on the forum.

I hope I got my RMS yesterday,( I will have to see, I am at a my families friends house.)

Back