• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: 29mm casing for a G

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky 94

Reaction score
I am looking for a 29mm casing for my new bird. It can be used and I have a bit of time.

Originally posted by Lucky 94
I haven't had any luck, any suggestions?:confused: :confused:

www.commonwealth.net click "Rouse Tech" and get the 29/40-120 hobbyline. You can get the HPR but the hobbyline has the most motors available for a case (E,F,G) and you can now fly redlines in it :D

Ben

That is a great price, as soon as I get the money back that I am spending today in lawn mowing money, I am headin to get one.

That is a great price, as soon as I get the money back that I am spending today in lawn mowing money, I am headin to get one.

also, I suggest commmonwealth because they have good prices oin the case AND reloads. if you only want to buy the case, go to www.whatsuphobbies.com and save 5 bux or so. Not worth 2 seperate orders but you do as you please :)

I know how mowing money can be :rolleyes: I have a to work my butt off in the summer in 100% humidity! But the payoff is great when I get to see one go off and I see all the ooo's and aaa's

Ben

Business is slow due to the cold, but I have a 20 dollar house and lawn keeping job, maybe my parents and a mulch job coming. My brother is moving in to my territory. I currently have 70, soon to be 30 dollars.

I need a 140 I think.

140 isn't a size. Here are Aerotech's 29mm MPR cases with motors they can use:
29/40-120 (5.6") E16W, E23T, F22J, F40W, F52T, G33J, G64W, G71R
29/60 (3.902") F37W, F62T
29/100 (4.902") G54W, G104T
29/120 (5.909") G77R, G79W

The 29/40-120 is definitely the most versatile as it can take multiple size reloads (E, F, and G). You will save a lot money because you only need one for about $43 instead of 24+27+31+40=$122 for the set of three plus closures (just the 29/120 with closures is $69). Finally, Hobbyline reloads (reloads for the 29/40-120) are much easier to find than reloads for the HPR cases. Many good hobby stores carry 29/40-120 loads, but very few have them for the other cases.

Well which one of those will fit into a motor that is 5.25in long.

Ted I just spent over half my money an ebay auction so I don't have much right at the moment. give me a chance to save back up.

Well which one of those will fit into a motor that is 5.25in long.

Ted I just spent over half my money an ebay auction so I don't have much right at the moment. give me a chance to save back up.

29mm will fit 29mm...5.25" length will suffice, if there is enough to support the mount in the rocket, there should be enough to handle the case...in the future I would use at a minimum 10" long 29mm mount.

1) takes up a little more volume of the bodytube,

2) allows for an extra centering ring (I like three rings minimum)

Good luck...

Have you started a thread on your build? Maybe you could ask for 29mm suggestions there.

Johnnie

Originally posted by Tfish
Luck94,

Any interest in a 29mm/40-120 case? It takes E16 - G64's
Let me know..
Tony

How much? PM me if you still have one...

Johnnie

you want the 29/40-120. That is the hobbyline case.

Ben

Darn it. Jonnie is gonna take the case before I have a chance to buy it:mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

Yes I did start a thread in Mid power.

Darn it. Jonnie is gonna take the case before I have a chance to buy it:mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

Yes I did start a thread in Mid power.

offer Tfish 3 more bucks than Jonnie ;)

Ben

Don't know what he is offering and don't have the cash at the moment,(darn lawn mowing service won't pick up cause the weather!!!):mad: :mad:

Whoa Lucky94...I'm a hybrid man...I'm not buyin anything yet...nobody replied to Tfish directly, so I asked the question...nothing more.

Go for it, he has got to have a better price than $70

Hell, I paid $40 brand new for mine not to long ago...these cases are maid of aluminum, not gold!!!

Johnnie

That is about what I paid for my 24mm reload recently. What is it with Hybrids that is great, I want to know to see if I should try it?

That is about what I paid for my 24mm reload recently. What is it with Hybrids that is great, I want to know to see if I should try it?

Hybrids consist of a liquid oxidizer (usually nitrous oxide, but sometimes oxygen) and a solid fuel (plastic or wax-like substances). They have minimal regulated materials (APCP propellant--you can't buy over 62.5g without a LEUP (low explosives users permit)), which is for bigger ones, but irrelevant for G hybrids.

The downside to hybrids is that they are very complex and require expensive ground support equipment (like a $200 nitrous tank, solenoids, fill lines, expensive hardware). They are also require electronic deployment (an altimeter (~$100) or timer (~$30)) because they have no ejection charge built-in. Also it seems like they don't get off the ground very often--rarely on the first try.

Lucky94.
The case and closures is free shipping included..Only if you happen to be a teenage kid mowing lawns to pay for rocketry. So if you fit that description PM me your address.

Tony

Originally posted by Tfish
Lucky94.
The case and closures is free shipping included..Only if you happen to be a teenage kid mowing lawns to pay for rocketry. So if you fit that description PM me your address.

Tony

so I can PM you ;)

Ben

Sorry ben, there mine. Hey, if you find yourself in Muncie at NSL I will see you there. It could be the Rocket lawn mowing convention.;) :rolleyes:

Sorry ben, there mine. Hey, if you find yourself in Muncie at NSL I will see you there. It could be the Rocket lawn mowing convention.;) :rolleyes:

MOW OFF MOW OFF MOW OFF ;) :p we could have rider mower races ;) my uncle did that he actually put a honda Vtwin on it!! 35HP on a 125lb mnower will get it going ;)

I already have 2 29/40-120 so I am good :)

Ben

Right now I don't have a riding mower,( we have had troubles with mowers in my family and they don't last 5 years.) I badly want to see an old aircraft engine in a mower or car. I got a make a rocket now to advertise my services to the neighborhood.;) ;) ( not a big enough field)

Back