Adam Savage one day build using styrene sheets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snrkl

Reaction score
Watched this and it gave me all sorts of crazy vibes of: I MUST TRY THIS ON A ROCKET!!

“Adam goes back to his roots as a spaceship modelmaker in this week's build, using scratch-building and kit-bashing to make a scale model inspired by a piece of art by the legendary Jean "Moebius" Giraud. Along the way, Adam shares many tips for working with styrene to give miniatures detail that really shines on screen.”

Via: https://www.tested.com/art/makers/8...-day-builds-kit-bashing-and-scratch-building/

And tagging @neil_w as I know he just loves the opportunity for frustrati... (*cough) oops, I mean “rewarding” experiments with new materials... [emoji12]

Thanks for posting that. It was very interesting to watch. What skill he has just basically free wheelin' the whole thing!

-Bob

Thanks for posting that. It was very interesting to watch. What skill he has just basically free wheelin' the whole thing!

-Bob
Well, don't forget, as he mentions in the video, he used to be a professional movie industry model maker, and he worked on Star wars episodes 1-3. So he's very skilled.

Perfect timing on this. I am working on a rebuild of the Estes MIRV (great concept, extraordinarily underpowered with sustainers of questionable stability.). This stuff may be perfect.

Back