A Return to Model Rocketry from Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcisko`

Reaction score
Greetings! I am returning to the hobby I first enjoyed in the late 1960's. At the time my first model rocket was the Honest John in the Cox starter kit. I eventually bought several Saturn 1B's and Saturn V's. But never got very far with them.

Fast forward to sometime around 2000 when I was the president of NAR #528. I was able to require several Cox Saturn's as well as the Honest John and X-15. I have 3 Saturn V's (one is probably from 1970 while the others are re-issues), and a re-issue Saturn 1B in the original box. I am fairly certain I will become a supporting member to sell these items. Time will tell. But that is my introduction and why I am here.

Last edited:
Greetings! I am returning to the hobby I first enjoyed in the late 1960's. At the time my first model rocket was the Honest John in the Cox starter kit. I eventually bought several Saturn 1B's and Saturn V's. But never got very far with them.

Fast forward to sometime around 2000 when I was the president of NAR #528. I was able to require several Cox Saturn's as well as the Honest John and X-15. I have 3 Saturn V's (one is probably from 1970 while the others are re-issues), and a re-issue Saturn 1B in the original box. I am fairly certain I will become a supporting member to sell these items. Time will tell. But that is my introduction and why I am here.
Welcome to the forum! I started building rockets about the same time you did, never got as advanced as you, and am just now getting back into it. I have an Estes Saturn V kit from a long time ago waiting for me to start on it, and a PML Small Endeavor Kit, also from a long time ago, that I got for my level 1 cert, then got sidetracked by jobs and kids, etc.! I plan on starting both soon, but am building Baby Berthas with my two oldest grandkids as there very first rockets before I start :)

Back