A few pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasticpaul

Reaction score
Here are somne pics of some of the stuff I have been up to, besides school and building chutes.

Here is my SSTOG:
DSCF1072.jpg

Here is a shot of me and my TOG, Boy do I look bad my comparison !!!!!
DSCF1074.jpg

Here is Tiny Tim, my new MPR:
DSCF1076.jpg

Here is a close up of the "works" on my pad, the rail is on order.
DSCF1077.jpg

Very nice pad! Nice to see some wood for a change instead of all that PVC pipe :p

All right.

I'm seriously lusting after your pad. The rockets are very sweet by the way.

Just one question about the pad. Is the circle resting on a set of bearings?

Thanks and yah I have a heavy duty lazy susan under the circle. It spins very nicely and the lock holds very well. maybe I should do one with a servo for rotation and elevation...LOL

Very Nice Paul:
is that the Folkart metallic blue and purple Acrylics? Great colors:)

The pad is a nice piece of work as well:) Do the legs fold flat or must they be disassembled for transport?

That is the Folk Art blue, the purple is Creotex. As you can see the Folk Art looks just as good at less than 1/4 the cost. The legs simply slide out for transport. I am actually pretty proud of that little deal, the more weight on the pad the tighter the legs get in the slots.

Great work Paul! Oh, you don't look THAT bad in comparison, a little wood filler and some nice metallic paints and you'll look just as good;) .

Awesome Pad Paul!!!!! But it's going to look pretty bad after the first flight. Maybe a lite layer of epoxy to protect it.

On that TOG, sincerely, a great job!

Jim Flis has got to be one happy camper, as well.

Good stuff Paul! A true craftsman. That Tog is sweet, and the pad design is genius.

A beautiful custom wooden launchpad! Very nice work!

.....created by someone named plasticpaul
:confused: ;)

Yah I know, that nick name is a carry-over from a previous activity. I need to get with a mod and change it to something more appropriate. Thank you for the compliment.

Latest posts

Back