70mm All Aluminum Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMe

Reaction score
Here is my latest project, the 70mm all Aluminum Rocket:

- Diameter: 70mm
- Lenght: 1690mm
- Mass with motor: 6730g
- Motor: custom built K1380
- Estimated Apogee: 2204m
- Max. velocity: 1010 km/h (Mach 0.83)
- Max. accel: 26.2G's
Design:
70mm All Aluminum Rocket.pngRocket Assembly1.jpgRocket Assembly2.jpgRocket Assembly3.jpgRocket Assembly4.jpgRocket Assembly5.jpg

Attachments

• Rocket Assembly3.png
    Rocket Assembly3.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Rocket Assembly1.jpg
    Rocket Assembly1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 70mm All Aluminum.png
    70mm All Aluminum.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20140410_205123.jpg
    IMG_20140410_205123.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 129
Very cool :) Here in the US a rocket like that falls under the Amature rocket rules, a step up from High Power Rockets.

What kind of things do you have to do in Romania to fly it, what kind of permits?

Since there isn't even a single rocketry club in Romania... I am not even sure; What I know is that there aren't any exact laws to forbid making them ;)

Anyway, just in case, I am registering my launches with Ro.S.A (Romanian Space Agency), since I have a friend who's a member; The same for motors testing, and any related "setting some rocket fuel on fire" activities :D

I am also building a test stand for motors up to 350Kg force, and a custom flight computer, with dual-deploy altimeter, gps tracker, high power piezo-electric buzzer,
84x84 pixels LCD display, user interface.... etc. Maybe I'll start a new thread about that as soon as the board arrives from manufacturing :D

Will keep everyone posted with pics during construction :)

Very cool :) Here in the US a rocket like that falls under the Amature rocket rules, a step up from High Power Rockets.

What kind of things do you have to do in Romania to fly it, what kind of permits?

Very cool :) Here in the US a rocket like that falls under the Amature rocket rules, a step up from High Power Rockets. snipped

All aluminum rockets are launched at BALLS every year under TRA rules with no extra approval
M

Last edited:
All aluminum rockets are launched at BALLS every year under TRA rules with no extra approval
M

Yep, I know ;) I was around when the Dr Rocket Modular Rocket was introduced. I had planned to use modified by Dr Rocket components in a CATS Prize attempt but, alas, funding fell through when the radio station who would have promoted the project got sold to Clear Communications when the bought a huge number of radio stations. I tuned in that morning to hear Spike & Brian only to hear pop music, found out they had been fired :p Spike had been working on the funding but suddenly it was over...I've never recovered ;)

Ejection system: concept

Ejection Piston View1.jpgEjection Piston View2.jpg

Picture shows the custom flight computer setup, but the primary means of recovery will be the
PerfectFlight Stratologger dual-deployment altimeter, while my custom flight computer wil only log
all data, including deployment events, for comparison to a commercial altimeter setup.

Will revert with real pictures when the e-bay section will be completed :)

Back