7.62 Posts per Day?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKailas Dad

Reaction score
I think you...you are...maybe you should....

I don't really have the words.

All I can say is...wow :jaw:

Any guesses?

You know I was going to check anyway... That figure is actually lower than I expected for whom I suspected, spot on though.

Yup.. agree with chadrog, i figured it would be higher. Why did that name just jump out and smack me though? Posts/day eerily fit the first person I searched for.

I probably post that much per day but I post in 4 forums. Here, a motorized bike forum, ***Beta forum(nondisclosure agreement), and a MechWarrior League forum. Plus wirey comment on M$NBC but that don't count ;)

What the deuce, Shubz? You can't start something like this then bail!

I think it`s called "ScrapDaddy Syndrome".

Wonder what happened to little Scraps ,I miss the little guy !

Paul T

There's someone that has 7.62 beat with 10.4 posts per day.

I think it`s called "ScrapDaddy Syndrome".

Wonder what happened to little Scraps ,I miss the little guy !

Paul T

I had forgotten all about that guy... Maybe... I hope at least he discovered girls or something like that. Let him concentrate on a different kind of rocket for a while.

By the way, I have only been back for like a week and I already knew who it was...

Last edited:
Some people are really enthusiatic about rocketry and post lots. Be positive.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it takes an awful lot of time away from building! (unless you're building right in front of the PC, I never do that...)

Some people are really enthusiatic about rocketry and make losts of posts. No need to call anybody out. Be positive.

I use my phone for forum searching and posting so I am on a lot. I think the enthusiasm is nice, but it's still kinda fun that everyone knew who it was so fast. More power to the guy for his efforts, I hope he learns a lot on here. This and RP is where I learned about rocketry and I would not be into high power rockets if not for the forums.

I use my phone for forum searching and posting so I am on a lot. I think the enthusiasm is nice, but it's still kinda fun that everyone knew who it was so fast. More power to the guy for his efforts, I hope he learns a lot on here. This and RP is where I learned about rocketry and I would not be into high power rockets if not for the forums.

I agree. I became angry a few times, but reminded myself that he is just learning and sometimes that is by mistake.

Before I discovered forums, I had this same "enthusiasm" within my local club... I was somehwat irritating at our local meetings (circa 1997). But, sometimes I wish I could go back and do it all over again. If just to feel that rush and exhilaration of learning and flying model rockets... one of the best natural highs that I have ever had that would not ebb, it lasts and lasts. Of course in the last few years I stepped back from rocketry, but I am kind of feeling that rush again. I say let him post away, his bubble will pop, and then he will be replaced by the next "Ben" or "Scrapdaddy-like" forum member. They keep us old-farts young.

Before I discovered forums, I had this same "enthusiasm" within my local club... I was somehwat irritating at our local meetings (circa 1997). But, sometimes I wish I could go back and do it all over again. If just to feel that rush and exhilaration of learning and flying model rockets... one of the best natural highs that I have ever had that would not ebb, it lasts and lasts. Of course in the last few years I stepped back from rocketry, but I am kind of feeling that rush again. I say let him post away, his bubble will pop, and then he will be replaced by the next "Ben" or "Scrapdaddy-like" forum member. They keep us old-farts young.

Absolutely, and like we did, he will learn.

LOL I still think he's a PIA... Think! for at least 10 seconds before you post!?! Willing to learn is one thing but posting on things you know NOTHING! of gets annoying fast! Asking questions like how much is a dremel tool??? I mean come on do a search and you'll know instantly??

Last edited:
I hope he learns a lot on here.
chester.jpg He could learn alot better if he would slow down and just learn to use the search button a little better. School, girls and cars will kick in soon.

LOL I still think he's a PIA... Think! for at least a 10 seconds before you post!?! Willing to learn is one thing but posting on things you know NOTHING! of gets annoying fast! Asking questions like how much is a dremel tool??? I mean come on do a search and you'll know instantly??

I got an return PM from one of them once calling me mean for pointing out the fact that "google reveals all". I did not intent to be mean.

He's just a little young and enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that I've been like that plenty of times. Yes, some things do annoy me slightly, he just hasn't learned the unwritten forum etiquette.
Just some little suggestions for ALL forum members:
If you find yourself posting a one word response: STOP.
If you find yourself offering advise in something you have absolutely have no experience in: STOP.
If you find yourself only asking for the NC on a rocket: STOP.
If you find yourself asking a question that could easily be google'd: STOP.
If you find yourself writing a post with no capitalization or punctuation: STOP. This is rocket science, treat it that way.
Before posting ask yourself: Does anyone really need to know this? Is what I am saying going to make a difference or is it being said just to be said.
All this being said I break these rules from time to time (especially #5), everyone does. Some just break them more often then others.

Sorry if this comes off as rude at all.
Alex

He's just a little young and enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that I've been like that plenty of times. Yes, some things do annoy me slightly, he just hasn't learned the unwritten forum etiquette.
Just some little suggestions for ALL forum members:
If you find yourself posting a one word response: STOP.
If you find yourself offering advise in something you have absolutely have no experience in: STOP.
If you find yourself only asking for the NC on a rocket: STOP.
If you find yourself asking a question that could easily be google'd: STOP.
If you find yourself writing a post with no capitalization or punctuation: STOP. This is rocket science, treat it that way.
Before posting ask yourself: Does anyone really need to know this? Is what I am saying going to make a difference or is it being said just to be said.
All this being said I break these rules from time to time (especially #5), everyone does. Some just break them more often then others.

Great suggestions. This should probably be a sticky somewhere. Rude? It is the truth.

God, you guys, I know you're talking about me. What jerks you all, sitting here commenting about me like this. I don't post one word responses. OK, I admit, I have made a few posts in topics I know nothing about, and I am sorry for that. I found the nose cone, OK. I generally google questions before I ask them on here. And I always use proper grammer and good spelling and punctuation on here.

Thanks a lot.

And, if at any time, you think you may have something to add: Stop
At any time, if you find that you want to reach out and meet new people and discuss current topics: STOP
If you find your self wanting to say something, and have the confidence to be outgoing: STOP

This place is only for neards on the high horse.... There's no room for people who havent flown as many NS as i have. Volunteered as many hours as i have. Mentored as many people as I have. For when others say things, I know they dont know what I know.

I think if your intolerant of others, you need to get down off the horse and go climb back under a rock.

Methinks he's discovered....>gasp<....girls.

That's why I stopped posting quite so much......ironically, that's also why I stopped spending so much money at Wildman's.

My paycheck broken down:

46% To my girlfriend
44% To Tim Lehr
10% Other (Food, Gas, etc.)

Nope, haven't discovered girls, and don't plan on it in the next couple of years.

God, you guys, I know you're talking about me. What jerks you all, sitting here commenting about me like this. I don't post one word responses. OK, I admit, I have made a few posts in topics I know nothing about, and I am sorry for that. I found the nose cone, OK. I generally google questions before I ask them on here. And I always use proper grammer and good spelling and punctuation on here.

Thanks a lot.

Easy guy, no ones really hating on you. Take it as you have made an impact on the community. One that is not bad, but enthusiastic. We are all here to help, and everyone takes a jab or two once in a while, just look at the hell that troj catches on here for crashing all his level 3 rockets and stuff like that. You will learn that the rocketry community is more of an extended family.

That's why I stopped posting quite so much......ironically, that's also why I stopped spending so much money at Wildman's.

My paycheck broken down:

46% To my girlfriend
44% To Tim Lehr
10% Other (Food, Gas, etc.)

Already paying alimony Manny?!?

Back