• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found 38mm J motor for pickup at July 8th ROSCO/ICBM launch, For L2 cert

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyhager3

Orange is best color, NAR/TRA L2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Originally I wanted to wait to do my L2 until next year just because of a bunch of reasons, mainly finances and whatnot. But that is no longer an issue at the moment and can afford a J. It’s a bit late to order one, and the big factor is I don’t want to pay Haz and stuff.

Obviously I would pay cash in person when I’m there. It can be a reload, but I don’t have any hardware, but I would be happy to rent some hardware. I don’t care too much what motor it is, as long as it’s a 38mm J, and you let me know before hand to run sims and whatnot.

I’d prefer that Saturday, as I have some things on Sunday, but I might be able to reschedule some things to accommodate, and be there on Sunday. But preferably Saturday.

Thank you

I have CTI J453, J94, Aerotech J350. Hardware available for all. Can bring to the launch. Also Chuck (Prefect) may have some motors.
Hardware is free unless you lose it. RDF trackers are also available so you can find it.

I have CTI J453, J94, Aerotech J350. Hardware available for all. Can bring to the launch. Also Chuck (Prefect) may have some motors.
Hardware is free unless you lose it. RDF trackers are also available so you can find it.
The J350 would be perfect as I was going to use it’s dms counterpart(ish), and I would also like to borrow the tracker too, because I don’t plan on paying for that case!
Thank you Tom!

OK, I'll bring it. I always have the trackers with me. The last time I flew without a tracker was the time I needed it :(

Good Luck on your L2. Pictures please! It is nice to be in a hobby where so many are ready to help. Your club had you fixed up in less than 4 hours. Nice group.

Thank you Tom!! Very much appreciated! Now it’s time to (re-)study
By all means take the online practice exam a time or two, but relax and don't get too worked up about it. The test may weed out people with no real interest in learning how rockets and rocket safety work, but you're a scratchbuilder with an inquisitive mind, you'll do fine. 👍

Back