• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 38mm FW Carbon Tubes thin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Over the next few days I’ll be making a few 38mm tubes using Prepreg tow that I received as a sample. The tubes here is 46” long, OD at 1.61” (a little over thin wall), ID at 1.52”, Tg at 250F and finally the weight at 284 grams (left) and 300 grams (right). Another bit of info is that they were made with T800 fiber grade.

C4436F7F-DCF0-4538-86B8-1A6537664936.jpeg

I am asking $115 for each, plus shipping.

Last edited:
rangdangnabbit! yer killin' me smalls! Alex, can you do the research for a glass cone to fit? I'm really slammed right now and I have a pyro project due tomorrow. I have about 18 hours of testing before I hand it back to the studio and get paid. If not, reserve me one for later. I'm travelling later this week. I don't even have time to check my own inventory. Sad. I'll check back Monday. Love ya like a son, you little carbon wrapper, you!

rangdangnabbit! yer killin' me smalls! Alex, can you do the research for a glass cone to fit? I'm really slammed right now and I have a pyro project due tomorrow. I have about 18 hours of testing before I hand it back to the studio and get paid. If not, reserve me one for later. I'm travelling later this week. I don't even have time to check my own inventory. Sad. I'll check back Monday. Love ya like a son, you little carbon wrapper, you!
Haha sorry man,

It is thin wall, so one of these should fit close enough.

http://www.compositewarehouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=96_34_43&product_id=100
The coupler may need some sanding. The ID on the tube is like 0.002” under the size of today’s nose cone couplers.

Thank you for all your support my friend.

Alex, did you save me one? Which one? Do me a solid and get a total quote to me:
Dave Pearce
6830 Rolando Knolls Drive
La Mesa, Ca.91942
Snail mail is fine.

Alex, czech yer pp! Oh boy! A new tube! Not to be confused with the eleventeen I already have. Old school cf tubes are sooo heavy! yuck!

Back