24mm Stretched Estes Bull Pup 12D

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' good!
JB Weld is great because it is easy to sand it down when it's dry to whatever shape you need. For Fillets a "Wedge Sanding Sponge" works well.

Last edited:
Well, the airframe itself is finally complete. The JB Weld is cured, I've used Titebond to fillet the small forward fins as well as the launch lug, and I've balanced the frame appropriately.

The CG ended up being about 20mm further aft than I originally planned - and I'm coming in at 79g without motor. This gives me still 25g of wiggle room before the max liftoff weight of my planned first flight motor (BP C11-5).

I think I'm going to add a bit more plasticine as nose weight with a bit of epoxy to hold it down, just to keep the margin of stability as close to 1.0 as possible when using a big motor.

Only the streamer assembly is left!

1411348482697.jpg

1411348500662.jpg

Build update!! I've been way behind in finishing this project for my upcoming launch, but after burning some late night oil the past couple nights, here she is all finished and purdy! Not too proud of the finish, it's a little matte and non glossy, but I did my best considering that I had a can of krylon basically CATO its guts all over my nice primer coat. Had to sand it off and go again twice! I haven't clear coated and I think I'm gonna do that after she survives the first set of flights.

Getting hyped to throw some 24mm ammo in there and let er fly! Will post the report when I have it.

1413093173164.jpg

Build update!! I've been way behind in finishing this project for my upcoming launch, but after burning some late night oil the past couple nights, here she is all finished and purdy! Not too proud of the finish, it's a little matte and non glossy, but I did my best considering that I had a can of krylon basically CATO its guts all over my nice primer coat. Had to sand it off and go again twice! I haven't clear coated and I think I'm gonna do that after she survives the first set of flights.

Getting hyped to throw some 24mm ammo in there and let er fly! Will post the report when I have it.

Looks great! Look forward to flight reports

Had an unreal launch in the weekend with the company of @CRC... Here's a few pictures of this build flying on a BP D12-5... Great flight, she flew straight as an arrow and the 5 second delay worked quite well! Mylar streamer made it nice and visible on the way down, a lot easier to pick up a white rocket against white clouds! Unfortunately the wind picked up shortly after this first flight so I elected not to load er up with the E15W, haha. There's a launch this weekend at a club close to me but I don't think I'll be able to make it out, so it'll have to wait for next time. Hopefully will take a video of that one since it'll be an absolute teleport!

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Back