2010 G. Harry Stine Memorial Launch Photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Cheapo

Reaction score
What a killer weekend. The kids and I flew a ton of rockets, saw some cool stuff and met a few people, AZRon and mIcahel showed up w/a Loc Cyclotron all the way from the East Coast with his Nephew.

Photos included are mine and the kids' rockets. The full Monti (414 photos) can be found here: https://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg151/hounddawgracing/Rockets/GHS 2010/?albumview=slideshow

Jon's Starter Set Patriot C6-5. I don't even know how many flights are on this one.

_MG_0384.jpg

9" square paper plate Halloween Saucer on D12-0. Those are spider webs.

_MG_0387.jpg

_MG_0389.jpg

Rubicon, first flight on D12-3. Did not pop a fin on landing.

_MG_0442.jpg

Kathryn's Mercury Invader "Kat's Meow" on three D12-5's

_MG_0472.jpg

Jon and his buddy Gavin waiting for a K motor to lift off. Love this picture.

_MG_0474.jpg

Not mine but worth posting. Off in the distance, The Big "O" on an O-8000

_MG_0498.jpg

_MG_0509.jpg

Jon's Estes two-stage Executioner he's calling Mulgarath (Graphics soon to follow) on a D12-0 to D12-5. This was a cool flight.

_MG_0537.jpg

_MG_0555.jpg

Kathryn's scratch build "Recycled" on a D12-3

_MG_0577.jpg

Last edited:
Kathryn's Estes Fuse that she won in the raffle on a A3-4T

_MG_0586.jpg

Jonathan's P-Tube Extreme (toilet paper & paper towel tubes) on three C6-0 stage to a D12-5. Another amazing flight.

_MG_0612.jpg

Kathryn's Poop Tube II on a C6-5. This is flight 30+ for this recycled rocket.

_MG_0630.jpg

Jon launching the original Poop Tube on an A10-3T

_MG_0644.jpg

This was a wrecked Big Bertha given to me by a club friend. It was minus two fins and a nose cone. I rolled the cone and cut new fins and realized how much it resembled a Wac Corporal. It soon received a new paint job and name "Wac Bertha" and made it's maiden flight on a C6-5. I also re-gifted it to the fella that gave it to me.

_MG_0736.jpg

_MG_0752.jpg

Not mine but love this rocket...Superfluous

_MG_0761.jpg

Jon's Canadian Arrow on a D12-3

_MG_0780.jpg

My L1 Scratch Build "Ready for Action" on an H165

_MG_0786.jpg

_MG_0787.jpg

My buddy Rick's Successful L3 Attempt on an M something Blue Thunder. This is a dedication rocket to his Father's Military Career. It also bore a pink stripe for a family member lost to breast cancer and a different colored fin for a family member lost to the War in Iraq.

_MG_0807.jpg

El Cheapo,

Nice flights and pictures. Mulgarath 2 stage was especially impressive. Post pics when it is decaled. Desert flying is great. Slightly harder landings is small price to pay for no trees and clear skies. Cyclotron vid.

[YOUTUBE]XJw0udDAMvw[/YOUTUBE]

The black jack was a great choice to match the flat black paint. It was a great flight. I have pictures of it under chute if you want. I totally spaced when I heard them announcing a Cyclotron not evening registering it was yours.

Back