2 -stage Wildman DarkStar Jr. "Reverse Build Thread"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
Well, Crazy Jim beat me to the keyboard.

Wildman has declared 2013 as " The Year Of The 2 Stage"

He has stepped up again and is releasing all new 2 stage kits for the Jr. series rockets. Crazy Jim (Blackjack2564) has started a build thread on the Vindicator Jr.

I have the Darkstar Jr.

And I know of a few others out there getting ready for test flights.

I am going to do a "reverse build thread" The rocket is built, ready to fly (and it is awesome)

My plan is to fly it first, then do the build directions.

I will have the rocket on display at the QCRS launch this weekend (Fathers Day)

This will be a perfect combo for the new Missleworks Altimeter. The new altimeter has a 3rd channel that can be used to control the staging.

Keep an eye on C/J's build thread, it will be WAY more interesting than this thread.

Here are a few pics. I have it shown as a 2 stage to the original Darkstar Jr. booster, Also on top of the Wildman Jr. (I think that combo looks awesome)

Wildaman has really stepped up here on his promise. 2013 is definitely the year of the 2 stage!!!!

DSCN2215.JPG

DSCN2217.JPG

DSCN2220.JPG

DSCN2216.JPG

DSCN2219.JPG

Last edited:
Well, Crazy Jim beat me to the keyboard.

Wildman has declared 2013 as " The Year Of The 2 Stage"

He has stepped up again and is releasing all new 2 stage kits for the Jr. series rockets. Crazy Jim (Blackjack2564) has started a build thread on the Vindicator Jr.

I have the Darkstar Jr.

And I know of a few others out there getting ready for test flights.

I am going to do a "reverse build thread" The rocket is built, ready to fly (and it is awesome)

My plan is to fly it first, then do the build directions.

I will have the rocket on display at the QCRS launch this weekend (Fathers Day)

This will be a perfect combo for the new Missleworks Altimeter. The new altimeter has a 3rd channel that can be used to control the staging.

Keep an eye on C/J's build thread, it will be WAY more interesting than this thread.

Here are a few pics. I have it shown as a 2 stage to the original Darkstar Jr. booster, Also on top of the Wildman Jr. (I think that combo looks awesome)

Wildaman has really stepped up here on his promise. 2013 is definitely the year of the 2 stage!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Almost can't see the fins on these.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow I did not even notice those had fins until you posted that. I just thought the Wildman Jr. was either stretched or longer than I remember lol

Niiiiiiince!

Is it at all weird that my pocket already feels emptier?

P.S. I think the warrior to the shape shifter would be awesome!

I know, I guess i forgot to say " sorry for the poor quality photos.

I felt pressure to get some pictures up. I might be flying it this weekend.

Sorry, my professional photography studio didn't have any open appointments this morning :tongue:

Last edited:
I think I found my next purchase.

Is it like the Wildman DD 2 stage upgrade? The original rocket's fin can becomes the booster and you get a new fin can?

Braden

Back