----

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never let my child get taught anything by someone who can not use "your" and "you're" in the correct way.

If you can't do, teach. If you can't teach...

Andrew,
I understand. I too hate this ill punctuated, disillusioned stream of whining coming from those a year or two younger then myself. I can't believe it when kids started requesting to learn about contraception, drugs or Newton's 3rd Law of Motion.
The solution is simple. Child concentration camps. Not only should children be restricted from learning about rocketry, they should be restricted about everything harmful; Plastic bags, scissors, terrorism, nosecones. What will you do when your child starts asking about fillets? How does a parent even begin to describe that force over time is impulse. Behind those barbed wire fences children will be freed from the horror of learning about the world. Yes, there will be broken bones. Yes, there will be lashings corresponding to a child's decibel level. Yes, there will be several deaths in the mines, but the innocence of our children must be preserved.
Thank you for speaking up about this. We need a revolution, and where it will start is a thread on the Rocketry Forum.

Thank you for standing with me on this vital issue.

lol

Andrew,
I understand. I too hate this ill punctuated, disillusioned stream of whining coming from those a year or two younger then myself. I can't believe it when kids started requesting to learn about contraception, drugs or Newton's 3rd Law of Motion.
The solution is simple. Child concentration camps. Not only should children be restricted from learning about rocketry, they should be restricted about everything harmful; Plastic bags, scissors, terrorism, nosecones. What will you do when your child starts asking about fillets? How does a parent even begin to describe that force over time is impulse. Behind those barbed wire fences children will be freed from the horror of learning about the world. Yes, there will be broken bones. Yes, there will be lashings corresponding to a child's decibel level. Yes, there will be several deaths in the mines, but the innocence of our children must be preserved.
Thank you for speaking up about this. We need a revolution, and where it will start is a thread on the Rocketry Forum.

Thank you for standing with me on this vital issue.

You, fine sir, have won the Internet for today. I salute you.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I for one totally agree with the OP – some of these spoiled little hooligans shouldn’t be allowed on TRF or anywhere near rockets. For that matter keep them away from all forms of Science, Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or anything else that might overstimulate their immature little minds.

Best keep them locked in a padded room until they reach age of consent.:mad:
Just imagine what horrific tragedy awaits the naive 11-year-old that stuffs way too much motor into a small rocket and bang – they lose an eye. Oh, the humanity! :y::shock::jaw:

********** Hi Guys’, sorry I’m late to the party! I had to finish my homework before I can go online.

Peartree – moderator – voice of reason and sanity. Maybe there IS a higher power at work here, you are exactly the right person for the position. :clap:

How in the world did this get to 5 pages with so few PICTURES????? :confused:

So without further delay I present “11 year old ME” at LDRS 33. That’s my Big Bertha with a 24mm motor mount and an 80Ns F motor.
A Big Bertha flies just dandy on a 5 Ns “B” motor, and I’m happy to report, it goes WAY FASTER and HIGHER on 80 Ns !!!

That day at LDRS I flew the alphabet. From ½ A – through F. I knew I had to stop at F because of all the stuff I learned from lurking HERE on TRF. I know the rules, and I follow them!

When I got to “F” - The LCO called me up, and let me push the button. THAT WAS SO COOL!!

Everybody was watching. I felt like a ROCKSTAR!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Or maybe a ROCKET star :p

Here is what I’m really trying to say: All children deserve all the encouragement you can give them!

10547250_10202350048860956_961083994171362837_o.jpg

DSCN0353 (2).jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0358 (2).jpg

This thread is in serious need of a good locking, it's waaaay past the point of being productive, if it ever even was at all.

If your strict then your child will have more respect for their parent. A parents job is to be a parent not a friend.

I have seen this work exactly the opposite way many many times. Its not so simple.

You need to drink more.

I will never let my child get taught anything by someone who can not use "your" and "you're" in the correct way.

If you can't do, teach. If you can't teach...

Or get a whistle and teach Gym

I know I am surprised. I thought about infusing this thread with some big religious soapbox and political soapbox to get it locked lol.
You should have done that. Then, we can quarantine all children from being exposed to these big religious and political soapboxes by banning everyone from TRF because you can be a child even if you are legally an adult. In fact, let's regulate everything except toilet paper and fast food so that people aren't exposed to immoral things! Heck, let's give everyone brain surgery so that humans can't have thoughts at all!

UTOPIA!!!!

Last edited:
I am a school teacher and I see it all the time.

Actually you said you are a PE teacher, and your attitudes are pretty much stereotypical of the “jock teacher”. Yeah, I had some PE Teachers back in the day who “taught” some other classes too and boy did those stand out to me as some of the worst teachers I ever had. A couple were nice guys, very likeable, but they did not teach very well.

One was an assistant coach who taught a science class, which had a lot of football and other sports players in it. I know those players in that class had a much easier time at getting better grades than if that had been a 100% science teacher instead of a most-time coach and part-time teacher. It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out why he was teaching a science class that had so many players in it, not a coincidence.

I HOPE you are a better teacher than they were. But none of them had the bitter outlook and disdain for students that you have posted.

But since you are bragging about being a teacher, I think that the usual netiquette about ignoring a person’s mis-spellings or misuse of words on a forum should not apply in this case. I mean, if a person bragging about being a teacher, is espousing things like this and judges all young people, can’t stand up to some evaluation of their own spelling and grammar…..

I have child and at any point he may ask that, but I will not tell him the real answer.

You “have child”? Did you mean you have a child, your son or daughter? Or did you mean a student who is a child? Or are you with child, which would be quite a big piece of news. :)

By the time your married you should know where babies come from and how they are made.
By the time your married what? Or did you mean “By the time YOU ARE married”?

By the time a person becomes in high school…..

By the time a person becomes WHAT?

… they should all ready know.

They should ALL, ready know? Or did you mean “already”?

But they should not exercise there gifts until they are married.

THEIR gifts, not “there”.

There is no reason to tell that type of information to anyone younger then 16.

THAN, not “then”

But kids get on here and cause mischief.

Some “ADULTS” get on here and cause mischief. Breaking / ignoring TRF rules over and over. It’s not an age thing.

If your strict ........
A parents job.....
YOU'RE, or YOU ARE, not your.
PARENT'S, not parents.

BTW - with now 5 pages of replies, none agreeing with you (except in jest), how long are you going to keep pushing this DOA idea? Keep on until thread lock?

And you equated teaching kids about SEX, with them learning about rocketry in this forum? That was ludicrous.

What you did do was pretty much show your general frustration with being a “teacher”, letting that spill into a Rocketry Forum. And then eventually exposing that you should not be bragging about being a teacher, by the way you cannot spell or use the intended words correctly. Or whatever words might have been intended and/or left out. ;)

Last edited:
I for one totally agree with the OP – some of these spoiled little hooligans shouldn’t be allowed on TRF or anywhere near rockets. For that matter keep them away from all forms of Science, Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or anything else that might overstimulate their immature little minds.

Best keep them locked in a padded room until they reach age of consent.:mad:
Just imagine what horrific tragedy awaits the naive 11-year-old that stuffs way too much motor into a small rocket and bang – they lose an eye. Oh, the humanity! :y::shock::jaw:

********** Hi Guys’, sorry I’m late to the party! I had to finish my homework before I can go online.

Peartree – moderator – voice of reason and sanity. Maybe there IS a higher power at work here, you are exactly the right person for the position. :clap:

How in the world did this get to 5 pages with so few PICTURES????? :confused:

So without further delay I present “11 year old ME” at LDRS 33. That’s my Big Bertha with a 24mm motor mount and an 80Ns F motor.
A Big Bertha flies just dandy on a 5 Ns “B” motor, and I’m happy to report, it goes WAY FASTER and HIGHER on 80 Ns !!!

That day at LDRS I flew the alphabet. From ½ A – through F. I knew I had to stop at F because of all the stuff I learned from lurking HERE on TRF. I know the rules, and I follow them!

When I got to “F” - The LCO called me up, and let me push the button. THAT WAS SO COOL!!

Everybody was watching. I felt like a ROCKSTAR!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Or maybe a ROCKET star :p

Here is what I’m really trying to say: All children deserve all the encouragement you can give them!

The only post in this thread that is worth reading.:clap::clap:

Actually you said you are a PE teacher, and your attitudes are pretty much stereotypical of the “jock teacher”. Yeah, I had some PE Teachers back in the day who “taught” some other classes too and boy did those stand out to me as some of the worst teachers I ever had. A couple were nice guys, very likeable, but they did not teach very well.

One was an assistant coach who taught a science class, which had a lot of football and other sports players in it. I know those players in that class had a much easier time at getting better grades than if that had been a 100% science teacher instead of a most-time coach and part-time teacher. It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out why he was teaching a science class that had so many players in it, not a coincidence.

I HOPE you are a better teacher than they were. But none of them had the bitter outlook and disdain for students that you have posted.

But since you are bragging about being a teacher, I think that the usual netiquette about ignoring a person’s mis-spellings or misuse of words on a forum should not apply in this case. I mean, if a person bragging about being a teacher, is espousing things like this and judges all young people, can’t stand up to some evaluation of their own spelling and grammar…..

You “have child”? Did you mean you have a child, your son or daughter? Or did you mean a student who is a child? Or are you with child, which would be quite a big piece of news. :)

By the time your married what? Or did you mean “By the time YOU ARE married”?

By the time a person becomes WHAT?

They should ALL, ready know? Or did you mean “already”?

THEIR gifts, not “there”.

THAN, not “then”

Some “ADULTS” get on here and cause mischief. Breaking / ignoring TRF rules over and over. It’s not an age thing.

YOU'RE, or YOU ARE, not your.
PARENT'S, not parents.

BTW - with now 5 pages of replies, none agreeing with you (except in jest), how long are you going to keep pushing this DOA idea? Keep on until thread lock?

And you equated teaching kids about SEX, with them learning about rocketry in this forum? That was ludicrous.

What you did do was pretty much show your general frustration with being a “teacher”, letting that spill into a Rocketry Forum. And then eventually exposing that you should not be bragging about being a teacher, by the way you cannot spell or use the intended words correctly. Or whatever words might have been intended and/or left out. ;)

You forgot the difference between "--" and "---".

Last edited:
So, delete the name of the thread (wanting to have a minimum age on the Rocketry Forum) and delete the content of all the other posts.

Leaving the rest of the hornet's nest mess behind.

So, we got TROLLED. Noted for next time he starts something like this.

Probably a good thing he deleted what he did. If the officials (or parents) at his school saw what he posted, with his attitude about his students, or how he's not a very good representative for that school's teaching abilities (even if not an English Teacher), he might not be a PE teacher much longer.

Or if his students saw it. Hmm, guess THAT's a good reason for a minimum age on TRF, so that his students can't see what stuff Coach Lathrop has been saying.

Last edited:
I think Andy's mom caught him causing trouble on the Internet again and made him delete all his posts!

"No more screen time for you, young man! And no dinner either! Go straight to your room and think about what you've done! One way or another, you're going to learn RESPECT!!!"

... I think that the usual netiquette about ignoring a person’s mis-spellings or misuse of words on a forum should not apply in this case. I mean, if a person bragging about being a teacher, is espousing things like this and judges all young people, can’t stand up to some evaluation of their own spelling and grammar…..

George, I clipped your post heavily. Sorry about that. :blush:

I enjoy your posts here on TRF. I think you and I are “old-school”, and about the same age. We both grew up in a time when grammar, word usage, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling were treated as very important in grade school. I feel we should continue to hold good written communication in high regard. My Dad may have been a full-fledged member of the spelling police. He carried a pocket dictionary with him everywhere. I do also empathize with folks, like my wife for example, who are dyslexic, or have other limitations. Now that the OP has redacted everything, we are left to speculate what it was he really intended to accomplish.

Too bad.

Wasn't there someone else that did this before he quit? Like we were being deprived of great wisdom or something like that and by removing his posts it is punishment for us all? Does he do build posts or just troll? I'm curious...

I'd say Andrew has taken quite a pummeling for this and a few others of his threads. I'd say leave him be. He's had his good threads too.

Wasn't there someone else that did this before he quit? Like we were being deprived of great wisdom or something like that and by removing his posts it is punishment for us all? Does he do build posts or just troll? I'm curious...

He just started a 2-stage build thread, kobiashi Maru or something.

It's not just those who are old school. I'm a young'n and I still cringe when I see bad grammar. 0_o
George, I clipped your post heavily. Sorry about that. :blush:

I enjoy your posts here on TRF. I think you and I are “old-school”, and about the same age. We both grew up in a time when grammar, word usage, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling were treated as very important in grade school. I feel we should continue to hold good written communication in high regard. My Dad may have been a full-fledged member of the spelling police. He carried a pocket dictionary with him everywhere. I do also empathize with folks, like my wife for example, who are dyslexic, or have other limitations. Now that the OP has redacted everything, we are left to speculate what it was he really intended to accomplish.

Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back