1/48 Scale Friendship 7 anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreativeLimits

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a model of the rocket in this picture

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/clutterklutz/caps/sophiesthread/7x01b0118.jpg

The closest I have been able to find is Friendship 7 from the Mercury program. I have found a 1/72 scale kit but I need a bigger one (about the size of the one in the picture) It doesn't need to be exact, just close enough that the person I'm giving it to doesn't look at me like I'm crazy. This will be a display piece so a plastic kit would be fine.

I would appreciate any info or advice you can give me.

Thanks

Last edited:
It is an Atlas Mercury. To me it looks like it might be smaller than the Estes 1/35 scale Atlas Mercury. You probably can find Atlas Mercury models on a Google search. They may not be cheap. Do you want a model that flies?

This will be an anniversary present for my wife, it doesn't need to fly. It's going to sit on a shelf for the rest of its life.

I had a very similar model in Jr. High School many moons ago. The scale is probably less than 1/48. The Atlas/Mercury in this kit was relatively easy to build, but the launch pad was a killer.

Back