Протон-М 1А(+) . . . Proton-M 1A Heavy Launch Vehicle - RUSSIA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ez2cDave

Reaction score
Does anyone have more information on the Протон-М 1А(+) . . . Proton-M 1A Heavy Launch Vehicle - RUSSIA ?

I believe it was proposed, circa 2012 . . . I have only found a basic drawing, so far.

https://en.topwar.ru/104380-proton-protiv-sokola-bitva-za-pravo-byt-kosmicheskim-izvozchikom.html

EXCERPT :

The new line of "Protons", therefore, will include:
• A heavy class Proton – M + or Proton Heavy PH, outputting 6,3-7 tons of PN to GPO (with ΔV = 1500 m / s);
• Medium class PH “Proton Medium” (this is the current “Proton M” without a second stage), with 5 tons per GPO at the same ΔV = 1500 m / s;
• Light Proton PH “Light Proton” (this is the current “Proton M” without a second stage and with four engines instead of six in the first stage), outputting 3,6 tons per GPO under the same conditions.

It is possible that this project from 2012 will be revived - a heavy PH "Proton-M 1А (+)"
1480025091_proton-m_1a.jpg

It was calculated that the use of two accelerators solid propellant "Topol-1" in the first stage of the carrier rocket Proton-M will increase the MO to 570 kg for launch into geostationary orbit. Two accelerators "Topol-1" at the first stage and two accelerators "Topol-2" for the second increases the "Proton-M" launch vehicle by 900 kg.

Another option - three Topol-1 boosters in the first stage and three Topol-2 boosters - will be able to deliver more payloads to the 1240 kg than the standard Proton-M. The use of boosters at the first stage of the rocket does not require too complex modifications of the carrier. Using accelerators "Topol-2" at the second stage of the rocket already requires some technical changes in its design.

Why side accelerators for solid propellant rocket engines were called "Topol" - I do not know

END EXCERPT :

Dave F.

Attachments

• 1480025091_proton-m_1a - LARGE.jpg
    1480025091_proton-m_1a - LARGE.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back