Maine Missile Math & Science Club

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAC of MMMSClub

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

MMMSC will hold its first business meeting on April 17, 2011 at 13:30. The location will be at the McDonald's restaurant in Freeport Maine.

We will be meeting UPSTAIRS in a function room they have at that location. Ask at the service counter, I plan to bring a sign but if I can not post it they will direct you.

Everyone Welcome!

Thank You,

Scott Costigan
NAR91379 L0
[email protected]

Hi All,

MMMSClub will be holding a Launch Event

Tuckahoe Turf Farm on Hubbard Road, Berwick Maine

Saturday JULY 23

JULY 24 if it rains

Dates in Aug. coming soon!!

We will start taking sign in at 09:00 and Launch as soon as we get everything set up.

I is a HUGE AREA, one mile north/south and half a mile across
west/east!

Parking will be very near the launch area, but up range and up wind of Launch position.

E-mail me any questions!

Scott Costigan
NAR 91379 L-0
[email protected]

Congratulations on your launch event.

What is the upper limit of rocket impulse for this launch?

Are you a NAR section?

Do you have future launches planned?

Thanks,

Hi Boris,

Thank you we are looking forward to it.

We are a NAR Section # 727. We do not have a waiver (working on IT) and so we would like to keep it in the LPR and MPR range. Rockets under 2 lbs. and under 4 oz. of propellant is how it reads??? And we are planning more launches in Aug. if all goes well!

Hope to see you there

Scott Costigan
NAR 91379 L-1
[email protected]

Hope your launch went well.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it there.

Some reference information in the hopes that it might be helpful.

If you are flying to the limits of NAR LPR/MPR regs posted here: https://www.nar.org/NARmrsc.html

Then you are allowed up to:
"Size. My model rocket will not weigh more than 1,500 grams (53 ounces) at liftoff and will not contain more than 125 grams (4.4 ounces) of propellant or 320 N-sec (71.9 pound-seconds) of total impulse."

Due to the propellant weight limit, this spec limits BP flights to a max of 3x Estes E motors or 5x D motors.

Due to the propellant weight limit, this spec limits BP flights to a max of 3x Estes E motors or 5x D motors.

Boris, I know you find these limits very restricting but dig deep and I'm sure you'll find some dusty old rocket of yours to fly. :wink: Your Turbo Saucer springs to mind. Not that old and definitely not dusty but it flys great on 4 x D motors. :grin:

Seriously, thanks for enumerating the limits; it wouldn't be a challenge for me to stay under them but it should help others who may have had different expectations.

Darrin posted about the next Maine launch on the CMASS site. The plan is for 06 August - this coming Saturday - with the 7th as a rain date. I'm hoping to make it this week and then CMASS in Acton the following weekend.

Hope to see you there,
Kenn

Darn! I won't be able to make it to this one either. My brother's eagle project is that day!

Boris,

Thanks for enumerating the regulations for me,

I had the 125g/4.4 oz of propellant but the rocket weight I had was off.:confused2:

So thanks, I am going to have that reposted to the web site.

Oh, and as usual all rockets will be CAT FREE for launch!!!:horse:
Scott Costigan
NAR 91379 L-1

Heads Up,

Due to Satellite image of storm SSW, with no opening behind the currant cloud cover Plus the Thunder and Lightning predictions the Launch is CALLED OFF for the 6th and the 7th. :cry:

We will try again for the 20th of Aug.

Sorry All but safety first!

Thanks

Scott Costigan
NAR 91379

I spoke too soon! I can't go! :bang::bang::bang:

I need to learn to drive!

Back