SCALE - FALCON AIM-4C Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
Here is another favorite ,that has not been seen.It`s a TLP Falcon...with my usual add on goodies.

Again ,these buggers just scream .....DETAIL ME !

Two part picture set.

Paul

php4BvNDVPM.jpg

phpbCa4ZlPM.jpg

phpfTgUbZPM.jpg

phpJtZqlBPM.jpg

phpJV0NsnPM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Second set.

Am I the only guy that builds these things ?

Paul

I don't know if you are, but you do a bang-up job of it. A build thread with LOTS of pictures would be very helpful to those of us that would like produce results like this.

annother Falcon

detail1.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail3.jpg

decal1.jpg

decal2.jpg

That's almost too pretty to risk in a launch!

(Notice I said almost)

Very nice job on all the markings and decals, that looks very detailed and realistic! When you get finished with yours, would you consider sharing the info with the rest of us?

You ARE the man. Your stuff is always great. Where did you get decals? What paints did you use? SPOT ON!

Yeah, that looks AMAZING!!!!

I haven't worked on my TLP Maverick in a long while because of the lack of decals... haven't even primed it yet... (should get off my butt and do it though)...

Paint/decal recommendations would be appreciated!!! I like these TLP kits... I'll have to get a few more as money allows... :)

KUTGW!!! OL JR :)

I can't speak for Sodmeister , his Falcon build is amazing !Hopefully he will comment on his.

for mine ,I primed and painted the rocket with White krylon, than did the colors with createx and a passche vl.
the decals were an experiment ..I used inkjet printable vinyl (white) and typed the decals. Worked out nice ! I got the Data from Jim Ball's scale site
(can't remember the address.)

the entire rocket was sprayed with semi gloss to protect the dacals and paint ( probably Krylon)

I usually fly it on on E reloads, because anything stronger makes it get a bit squirlly an unpredictable..

thanks for the comments !

You have some amazing stuff there Andy....hey what can I say ,you got to respect a Launch Pad kit man.

I saw your Sidewinder ,that`s gonna be pretty hard to beat ,top notch builds......and I expect nothing less from you :handshake:

Sincerely

Paul T

Funny,just got done tonite painting the nose cone and fins on mine!!!Stickershock decals will go on tomorrow night. Did mine all red with black nose fins. I will post some pictures thursday.Guys,wicked nice job on both of your kits.
John

Just completed T.L.P. Falcon,Painted with Top-Flite LustreKote missle red over white primer,vinyl decals from stickershock23,which went on real sweet!Built somewhat stock,All I added was a kevlar shockcord,18"thin-mil parachute and I used west system on the nose weight to keep it from coming loose,yellow glue don't work .Keep em'coming!!!!
Jpaw

Falcon I (816 x 612).jpg

Falcon II (816 x 612).jpg

Falcon III (816 x 612).jpg

Nice job chum ! Always good to see more TLP guys showing their stuff.

Paul

Here is another favorite ,that has not been seen.It`s a TLP Falcon...with my usual add on goodies.

Again ,these buggers just scream .....DETAIL ME !

Two part picture set.

Paul
Absolutely outstanding!

Where did you get the decals ? Or are you related to Michelangelo?

A ++ Amigo. Looks fab !

Back