Vent hole

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pricey

Reaction score
I have just brought a Fantom 438 from loc and i wonderd if I should drill a vent hole in the bodytube for the parachute answers on a postcard please

Why don't AT kits (specifically, my Strong-Arm) tell you to drill a vent hole??

Because they don't really need it.

I've flown many aerotech kits without ever using a vent hole, all without incident. I use vent holes on anything larger though.

I agree with cjl and Rock_it. It probably doesn't need it if it isn't going to go past 5k really quickly (pushing mach) BUT.....it won't hurt to have one and it could stop that one fluke nosecone pop when you prove me wrong about the first statement!

Though most of my rockets tend to be fast movers I still put in vents. The most surefire way to prevent a nosecone from popping off though is to use shear pins.

Originally posted by smurf
...Though most of my rockets tend to be fast movers I still put in vents. The most surefire way to prevent a nosecone from popping off though is to use shear pins...

Shear Pins :confused:
I know about using vents, but shear pins is new to me. Anyone care post some info about these for me?

Thanks

Thanks for the link Rock_It... I found some other interesting topics there too.

Latest posts

Back