Centuri F-15 Eagle plans...nowhere to be found?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airwolfe1

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone one out there has or knows someone who has the plans for an old Centuri F-15 Eagle. This is the only kit from Centuri's Fighter Fleet Line that has not made it to JimZ or Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe web sites.

Right now I'm upscaling the Centuri F-16 by a scale factor of 1.274 so it will be a BT-55 size and I'm using a Sunward kit for the rest of the parts. Long term goal is to complete the entire Centuri Fighter Fleet but I was hoping to try the F-15 Eagle next or at least find the plans for a future project.

Spread the word! There must be at least one of these kits still in existence buried in the back of someones rocket collection.

Well I got the Instructions. Now I'm just looking for a scan of the fin sheet and decals. Can anyone be of help out there?

Is the new Estes Eagle kit not the same as the old fight fleet F-15?

Kevin

I don't know....yesterday was the first I had heard about the Estes F-15 I haven't seen one up close and personal yet. Looks interesting, but I also like building them from scratch.

Right, especially if you are upscaling. But it seems to me if the kits are the same (size and layout-wise) that would be a good start to get patterns.

But it sounds like there was a scan made of the originals. I've only seen photos of the Fighter Fleet version, so it would be interesting to me to know how different the 2 kits are. :)

kj

Well, after searching and searching I was unable to find the fin sheet to a Centuri F-15 so I figured out a way to create one that should be quite close.

In the instructions, there is a small diagram of the fiber fin sheet. Now I suspect that when they created these instructions they must have just reduced a copy of the actual fin pattern. As I recall, all of the fins for the Fighter Fleet used the same size sheet of fiber board. So I dug out my old Centuri F-4 Phantom kit I have stuck away and measured the dimensions of the fiber sheet and it was 6.25"x9.25". With that in mind, I enlarged the small diagram from the instructions till it was 6.25" wide and the height wound up being 9.25". Exactly the same dimensions as the actual sheet of fiber board so I'm pretty sure that the diagram in the instructions was just a reduction of the original. The lines of course were as wide as a marker pen so I cut out the patterns to sharpen the edges and then scanned them again. I hope to try and build this soon to see how it comes out. I haven't yet seen a new Screaming Eagle kit in any of the hobby stores but it will be interesting to see the difference.

I'll try to attach the Centuri F-15.pdf file with fin pattern for anyone interested.

Guess the file was to large. If anyone is interested just drop me an e-amil and I'll pass the file along to you. I'm also going to send this along to Scot Hanson at Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe and maybe he'll post it on his site with all the other plans they have there.

Back