Proton-M

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brayn

Reaction score
Hello!
I from Russia, from Moscow.
Here has made model of rocket Proton-M in scale 1:100. Somebody such åøå did a rocket?
At us now winter and it is very cold: (

Originally posted by Brayn
Hello!
Here has made model of rocket Proton-M in scale 1:100. Somebody such åøå did a rocket?
I shall do now new rocket V-2 in ìàñøàáå 1:25:)

Here has made model of rocket Proton-M in scale 1:100. [Snip]
Hello Brayn,
Welcome to the forum, and that's a beautiful model of the Proton-M.
Congratulations!

P.S.- it’s cold here too! :(

Hello!

Is that rocket flying without fins?

Do the first stage tank provide sufficent area that the model is stable without fins?

Where is the center of gravity on this rocket and what engine is it flying with?

Brayn,

Welcome to our forum.

That is a beautiful model. Some of us here really like scale.

Your English is very good. Much better than my Russian.

Originally posted by narprez
Is that rocket flying without fins?

Do the first stage tank provide sufficent area that the model is stable without fins?

Where is the center of gravity on this rocket and what engine is it flying with?

I would bet that it is very stable without fins. The strap-on boosters work suprisingly well.

I don't want to hijack his thread so I'll just say that I have a couple finless rockets that fly just fine using only the strap-ons for stability.

Brayn,

Welcome to the forum! That's a really nice model you have built.

That's a real good launch picture. I never get them that good.

Hello!

Greetings Brayn!

Very nice Proton-M. Beautiful picture with the snow!

What do you use for motors? Are the motors made in Russia?

I flew a Proton rocket that was converted from a paper kit. Look at these links for more information:

link_to_paper_proton

proton_review

The model flew in the Zvezda configuration as well as a Zond. It flew nicely!

Again, welcome and share more of your work with us! :)

Jason

Welcome Brayn!! That is a great photo of a great looking model. Please tell us more about the construction and the motors! Thanks!

Nice rocket Brayn :D and welcome to the rocketry forum :)

Thanks all! :)
On a rocket engine MRD 20-10 made in Russia is established. Now in the country they are not let out also by us test greater problems. :( Their stocks quickly decrease and it is necessary to develop engines of own manufacturing, to spend tests.
Now I do the engine on black gunpowder.
At MRD 20-10 total impulse 20 H, average 10 H, time of burning 1.5 s
The center of gravity on this rocket it is located in 300 mm from nose.
Without fins to a rocket I fly very exactly and steadily very much was surprised and before the start very much doubted of flight of a rocket.
I have still same photos of starts of my rockets, wish to look?
I shall necessarily tell about manufacturing a rocket, I have many photos with manufacturing this rocket

Excuse me for my English :(

Those nozzles are a work of art. Did you make those yourself Brayn? If so, that's very impressive.

-DAllen

Beautiful work Brayn! Thank you for sharing them. We like to see build photos of beautiful models like yours.

It seems like the MRD 20-10 motor is similar to one we use called the Estes D12-3. The two motors have similar burn-time, thrust, and total impulse.

Where do you fly your models? In a park or in public land? Do you fly with friends or do you fly alone?

You will find we will have lots of questions! :)

Jason

Excuse me for my English :(

You can be sure that your English is MUCH better than our Russian!!!

Your fiberglass tubes in the pictures look very much like the ones I make for Atlas models. You do excellent work!

Originally posted by DAllen
Those nozzles are a work of art. Did you make those yourself Brayn? If so, that's very impressive.

I totally agree!!!! awesome work....

Please tell us (show us) about your other projects.

Oh yea, Welcome to the forum. I think you are our first member from Russia.

All in a rocket is made by me completely even nozzles. Rockets I start on the public ground on surburb of city. I start usually together with the father. Sometimes we meet friends and it is made joint starts of different rockets. But it is not enough of us. In Russia rockets are very badly widespread. In shops for rockets of anything is not on sale almost and it is necessary to do all most. I do rockets 6 years and very much I love this hobby and nothing will stop me. I am very glad to dialogue with you. I shall soon write about other my rockets and other projects.

Zdravstvuite(I think is hello in russian)
Dont worry about your English Brayn i can understand it :) probably better than mine I dont know any Russian.exept for hello

Back