Defy gravity vs. ARRD?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Don't ask me

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Don't ask me

Results are only viewable after voting.

jraice

Reaction score
I was origanally going to use a not tether method of dual deploy in my 7.5" stretched warlock, it is 18" longer and has 3 38mm motor mounts. It also has 4 fins instead of the stock 3. Are teh defy gravity tethers or the blacksky ARRD's better? The DG tether is cheaper but the ARRD seems to be more compact... what do you think?

Could you please tell us about your application? I've used both and think that they are optimized for different things...

I've have the ARRD and it is a very well made piece. Best of all, it works. I chose it at the time because the Tether wasn't available then, but I certainly don't regret it. The thing I like most about then ARRD is the fact that there's no pieces flinging around inside the airframe when it deploys. The downside is that you need the room to mount it on the e-bay bulkhead, but in a 7.5" rocket that's not a problem. I've flown it a half dozen times and have had no failures to separate. I keep the assembly very clean, and use a light silicone grease on the piston, and it works very well. I plan on using it on my L3 rocket later this year.

Back