Yank Iris Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Helbig

Reaction score
I recently won a raffle for a Yank Iris Kit It take up to G's now. I was wondering what if any modifications anyone has done to this kit? For bigger motors or design. Any help would be great.

Justin:

Is that the 2" IRIS kit? They make 3 sizes - 2 , 3 , & 4".

Yank makes nice stuff. I've got a 4" to put together.

Al
:D

My buddy and I have purchased and flown about 6 different Yank kits. All I can say is that the kits rock! We're real fans of the flexible phenolic tubing. I'm really glad that Barry over at Loc Precision (new owner of Yank rocket line) decided to keep making the kits with flexible phenolic.

We have the Yank IRIS in both the 2" and the 4" kits. The 2" has flown many flights on G80s and can really take a beating for those times when bad things happen (motor ejection failure etc.). The 4" IRIS was used for my buddy's Level 1 cert during LDRS this past summer. He used a Pro38 I212 Smokey Sam for the flight. Absolutely beautiful flight.

I used a 3" Yank Sandhawk on an Aerotech H112 for my Level 1 cert and a 4" Yank IQSY on a Pro38 J285 for my Level 2 cert.

I like the Yank 2" kits so much I cut one up (BBX) to make it dual deployment to take the I200. The altimeter is located where the forward fins are. The black dot is the on/off switch.

Eric Fadely

I have built 2 different Yank Iris kits. A 2" and a 4". Both are great rockets. Very stable and a great design. I have flown everything from G64's to G125's in my 2" Iris with no ill effects. G80's and the G64's (RMS) are my favorite motors for it.

My 4" Iris flew on and I212SS Pro38 for my Level 1 cert. Beautiful flight and the Iris performed flawlessly. I highly recommend this kit in 2";3";4";or the 5.5" kits.

Did I mention you can see the pictures of both of them at Disturbed Brothers ?

Back