Estes contoller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerbs4me

Reaction score
I have so many of those Estes launch controllers, you know those ones you get in starter kits, and none of them work. I put the black thing with the little metal piece on it and stuck it in the hole and the light didn't light up. Whats going on here guys? I've suped up one of them to make it work. I ripped out the light and inserted a momentary switch.

Gerbs, you acctually have to push down with the Estes saftey keys, they are quite stiff when they're are new but give it a shot.

Or you could cut off that little rubber sleeve with a hobby knife.
Problem is, you have to remember to take the key out instead of just letting up on it.

Get one of the new Quest controllers. It's a pistol grip unit with audible alarm and light to show that you have continuity. It uses a 9-volt battery and seems to have a much quicker reaction time than the Estes unit. I got mine from a Tracer starter set during one of Hobby Lobby's sales, but I recently found the unit for sale by itself at Hobby Lobby for ten bucks. I bought one for my brother in law since he was so impressed with mine. (His was the Estes unit with the delayed reaction time. Maybe the batteries were weak.)

Back