Hybrid Launch Tower

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocwizard

Reaction score
One day while I was site surfing I came across a large tower launcher that is hybid compatible. At first I didn't pay much attention to it, but now I have a need for it. I am going to attempt to not only break, but shatter the restricted class hybrid altitude record with my soon to be built 3" minimum dia. all carbon fiber rocket motor of choice is the Hypertek L625 Hy-efx engine. Estimated altitude is 25,000 Ft. and will hopefully launch at XPRS 2 in Black Rock next year. But any ways I will need this tower launcher to keep the drag to a minimum. The bad thing is that I cant remember what the site was. Does anyone know where I can find it ? :D

I think I've seen that site...ROL had a news story on it a couple of months ago. Have you checked the ROL newsdesk archives?

First, let me welcome you to the forum!!! We have a great community here with lots of great folks with great ideas and experiences. It's good to see young-whippersnappers :))) enjoying the hobby.

I did a search for your tower and I couldn't find it. Sorry. Maybe MarkBrown will chime in here and tell you where you can find equivalent Hybrid launch stuff.

Just curious, if you are 14 like your profile says, how are you going to be able to launch an L?

Sorry, I've never seen the article that's been described. However, I'm waiting with baited breath to see if somebody turns up the info. It sounds like a really cool piece of equipment.

Well first off I would like to thank you Mark for finding that website for me. it was exactly what i was looking for. Yes I am 14 and I cannot fly an "L" but my dad is Tripoli L2 and he can. I actually got my dad into the great sport of high power rocketry last year at LDRS 20 when I bought a PML Cirrus dart and a CPR equipped Sudden Rush. I learn from the best when it comes to HPR building techniques such as the Gates Brothers, John Coker, Carl T., etc,etc, etc. By the way Carl, I love the design of your electronics bay for the L3 AMRAAM. I am going to use a modified version of it on a rocket I am going to build in the future.

Very cool! I'm hoping my son will do the same thing when he gets to be 14. He's 10 right now and into alot of other things.

Well I'm 14 too, and you seem to be very good at this rocketry lark, how long have you been into the hobby? I'm a newbie and only being launching for about 4 months.

I just got into high power last year. but I started off doing low power five years ago when my friend and I built an E2X Starter Set that he got for his B-day. After launching it at the local park and seeing how cool it was my Dad went out and bought me a starter set and a 24 pack of engines and supplies. And the rest is history...;)

Sounds like I'm goin the same way as you, gradually moving through the low power and thourghly enjoying it. Good Luck. :D

Back