ignitors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klint

Reaction score
Can anybody suggest some low current ignitors for AT econojet clusters.

lightly dipped Daveyfire 28F electric matches. The N1 guys at LDRS last year lit 24 econojets in the bottom stage using undipped daveyfire 28F's, but I like to have something hotter than the primer on those. You can find info on that rocket at www.moonrace2001.org. Daveyfire 28F's can be gotten at performance hobbies at www.performancehobbies.com

-Brian Barney

I have to go with Brian on this one...I have lit everything from I motors all they way to an M1419 with dipped Daveyfire 28F's that Ken Allen sells at Performance Hobbies. They have consistently lit 54mm White Lightning "J" motors without Thermalite!!! And...they lit them FAST!

Good stuff.

Carl

Dipped in pyrogen? Where can I get that if it's it?

you can get either magnalite pyrogen from PML (www.publicmissiles.com) at $23 and that will be enough to last you a long while dipping ignitors.

You can also get an ignitorman ignitor kit from Pratt hobbies (www.pratthobbies.com) or Aerocon (www.aeroconsystems.com) for $35 that you can make hundereds of ignitors with, and there is pyrogen in there that you can use to dip daveyfire matches with if you need high reliabity or instentaneous ignition.

-Brian Barney

Back