A good day to paint.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
The weather is warm and sunny but the winds are about 30mph so today is a good day to paint in the garage.

Well, I didn't realize how many rockets I have that need to be painted until I got started today.

Orbital Transport...all white
Upscale Orbital transport (168%)...all white
Astron Drifter...Silver and black
Upscale Astron Drifter (168%)...silver and black
Astron Cobra...yellow and red
USS Andromeda...all black
Alien Explorer...metallic green

WOW, did I do all that this past winter?

I still have decals to do!:eek:

I guess I got a little overconfident after last weekend of flying.
Out of 23 flights (I counted the spent casings) everything deployed its chute and nothing broke except my $7.00 camera (junk).

Time for another coat of paint.

sandman

Sorry guys but I felt so good I had to tell someone.

WOW !

That's a lot of birds. Borrow a digital camera from someone and get us some pictures. I'd love to see the upscale Orbital Transport and Astron Drifter.

Sounds like you're gonna have even more fun at the next launch.

- Ken

I'll try but the only cameras I have any luck with are the cardboard ones.

sandman

You been busy! And 23 flights at a launch? That's good too!

The throw-away 35mm cameras are fine. I like them because they relieve me from worrying about weather, theft, loss....but you gotta wait for the results. But, 'our' good-quality digital lives with my son at school, so the results from a disposable are prolly quicker for me :(

I worry about bringing expensive new desirable "toys" with me anywhere.

Besides, who would steal a cardboard camera?...Do you think you could get some valuable fotos that way?

sandman

I also had to go out and buy more paint today!

I had my first Digital Camera lifted at a launch in VA. I'm too trusting...not any more.

Nick

Back