A watch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klint

Reaction score
My grandparents came down and had found a whatch with a bilt in altimeter any ideas on how I can get thin thing to stop at the highes altitude?

Probably just have to look at the instruction manual. NCR used to sell a watch that had a peak recording feature. If its not in the instructions, I suspect there isn't a way to do it.

A good friend of mine put the Casio altimeter watch in a few of his rockets and got altitude reports from it. IIRC, it was only accurate to 10 feet.

Better than what my eye tells me but maby not rocsim

10 ft accuracy is much better than you can do with even Rocksim. However, the watch's accuracy would be affected by it's mounting (i.e. venting, etc) and ability to respond to quick changes.

Ah true. I due belive it is not a high preformance altimiter because it takes about half a second to disply the altitude but its free and I guess I got what I paid for.

An interesting experiment would be to fly the watch with another altimeter and compare the results. If you don't have one, I bet you could talk someone else into letting you fly it along side theirs.

Oh how I would love to but there isent another rocketeer 4 a 4 hour drive. But as soon as I get my car that wolnt matter.

Whereabouts in the Great State do you live? I was born in El Paso and lived in Houston for 10 years. God willing, I will return some day :D

Back