Stop the stickiness?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackball74

Reaction score
Found a nice big tube a few weeks back, but it has adhesive on it where paper had been placed and it's still sticky. Is there any way to dry this up?

Most adhesive removers are oily, from my experience. You sure don't need something oily on the surface. I'd say, use something like "Goo Gone" or some type of industrial adhesive remover, tear off the surface layers to get the oilies out of the way, and resurface the tube. Sounds like a lot of work though.

Add more glue and wrap it up.
What size anywhoo..?
Powder will stop the sticky,but doesnt remove it.
Try real fine sawdust and rub.
or trash it.

I gotta do this with with an upscale Astron Sprite I have in the works. Screw the Goo Gone, and just tear the top layer off. Resurface. Unfortunately, I'll have to do this with the cardboard coffee can I'm using, and the inside has to be done also. I've learned, when you use commercial product cans/tubes, they all have to be doctored. Read my thread on building U.F.T.Y.E.S.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?58007-U-F-T-Y-E-S

Thanks for the feedback! Don't know if I'm going to use this - just noticed the spirals are wicked deep - but we'll see.

Back