G force flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep thank you for putting it on here :)

Sure, if you haven't tried it, if you click the Go Advanced button and then click the YouTube button it puts the YouTube tags in the text for you. When you go to the YouTube page
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txLaBiuHp2I
you just have to copy the txLaBiuHp2I part of the URL and paste it between the YouTube tags to get the movie into your post.

Now I expect to see lots of movies of your launches here! :)

Last edited:
my third flight nice landing nothing broke ready for another launch soon! [video=youtube;fktEnNPgcP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fktEnNPgcP4[/video]

Bad launch day rocket landed nice the case came out landed in horse an buggy driveway got ran over know joke

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you might have found another unusual way to lose a case.

They say boats are holes in the water to pour money in. I think rockets are fires in the sky that use money for fuel. If you don't burn up the money, they find other ways to make you spend it.

Got a question for you guys on the g force on motor mount where the motor casing hook clamps onto the reloaded casing my casing came out on ejection is there away I can put a hose clamp around the hook an casing so it won't fly out just have too unscrew hose clamp to remove casing

Got a question for you guys on the g force on motor mount where the motor casing hook clamps onto the reloaded casing my casing came out on ejection is there away I can put a hose clamp around the hook an casing so it won't fly out just have too unscrew hose clamp to remove casing

A couple wraps of gorilla tape cut into 1/2"strips around the case and motor hook has worked well for me with 24mm motors, should work well with larger ones too.
So sorry to hear about your case! Looks terrible, that's an interesting way for it to get destroyed...
Nate

Nice flights. What motors were they? And what is that green stuff all over the ground?

When I became a BAR I had 9 Aerotech kits (lost 2) all built stock and flew them hundreds of times, never kicked a motor. Did you make sure the retainer had "clicked" into place? I always check and re-check that the retainer is correctly in place. That being said you could use a hose clamp if you wish or tape or even a strip of Velcro. A hose clamp will most likely scratch your case over time, better that though than what happened to your last one!

You can get one of these https://www.rocketarium.com/Build/PMR/29?zenid=lvs64m2knp1si1tttupg39lk43
or something like it and retrofit it like I did on mine here:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...e-for-Lv-1-Built-(page-2)&p=733180#post733180

Also I noticed on your flight and on one of your other posts in a different thread about the rod at an angle that caused your rocket to turn left.
While that could be true if it is rocking back and forth in the wind when you launch (that's the reason I went to a rail) Other reasons it could have done that are...
The rocket was not going fast enough when it left the rod.
There is a minimum speed the rocket must be traveling at before the fins become effective at keeping it flying straight. You can correct that many ways by either using a different motor that gets up to speed faster (higher initial thrust) or simply use a longer rod or rail. I prefer a rail because a longer rod in the wind can cause it to wave in the wind even more.

Or if it was windy and the rocket is overstable it will weathercock into the wind.

I used to have the same kind of flights with mine but after adding rail buttons and launching it off a longer rail that problem went away and now with the same G64-4 I have nice straight flights.

Hope this helps

Ed

You can buy the case by itself without the closues on valuerockets.com

Nice flights. What motors were they? And what is that green stuff all over the ground?

I have often wondered what that green stuff is as well. I think its some sort of soft padding those back east layout so their rockets have a soft landing!

When I became a BAR I had 9 Aerotech kits (lost 2) all built stock and flew them hundreds of times, never kicked a motor. Did you make sure the retainer had "clicked" into place? I always check and re-check that the retainer is correctly in place. That being said you could use a hose clamp if you wish or tape or even a strip of Velcro. A hose clamp will most likely scratch your case over time, better that though than what happened to your last one!

A couple of wraps of masking tape has worked well for me over the years. I just started using zip ties last year to keep the motor clips in place. Seems to work well.

You can get one of these https://www.rocketarium.com/Build/PMR/29?zenid=lvs64m2knp1si1tttupg39lk43
or something like it and retrofit it like I did on mine here:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...e-for-Lv-1-Built-(page-2)&p=733180#post733180

Also I noticed on your flight and on one of your other posts in a different thread about the rod at an angle that caused your rocket to turn left.
While that could be true if it is rocking back and forth in the wind when you launch (that's the reason I went to a rail) Other reasons it could have done that are...
The rocket was not going fast enough when it left the rod.
There is a minimum speed the rocket must be traveling at before the fins become effective at keeping it flying straight. You can correct that many ways by either using a different motor that gets up to speed faster (higher initial thrust) or simply use a longer rod or rail. I prefer a rail because a longer rod in the wind can cause it to wave in the wind even more.

Or if it was windy and the rocket is overstable it will weathercock into the wind.

I used to have the same kind of flights with mine but after adding rail buttons and launching it off a longer rail that problem went away and now with the same G64-4 I have nice straight flights.

Hope this helps

Ed

Even built stock with CA, the G-Force is pushing the "Maximum Lift-Off Weight" for any of the Hobby Line AT RMS 29/40-120 reloads. It is just under powered to begin with. Have you weighed your G-Force?

Jerome

The rocket flys fine I don't think I had the hook snap right. I put more powder in forward closer to make the ejection better I asked aerotech :) they said guys been doing it.

Last edited:
Quick, goofy question mildly related to motor power: I've noticed in the videos that this G-force tends to wobble a bit when low, then straighten up. What length rod are you using on the pad, there? If it's on the shorter side, getting one 2' longer may give you straighter on the "up," bit, and fewer forays into the path of oncoming beasts of burden...

(sorry about the case!)

Ours, we omitted the hook and went with the Estes retainers...

Later!

--Coop

I've never had problems with mine wobbling off a 6 ft rail, even with some wind. You might want to consider adding rail buttons and flying it off a rail, it's much less likely to wobble.

Even built stock with CA, the G-Force is pushing the "Maximum Lift-Off Weight" for any of the Hobby Line AT RMS 29/40-120 reloads. It is just under powered to begin with. Have you weighed your G-Force?

Jerome

While true with a 6' rail/rod it is not with a longer one, On a 6 foot one the only "G" motor that would fly it right was a G76 Mohave Green

Mine would vector into the wind or hook even with no wind on the G64 using the 6 foot rod and 6 ft rail. When I increased the rod length to 7.5 feet I have never had a problem since.
It also allowed me to fly a bigger selection of motors while the 6' rail would not.
Mine is right at 50 oz after modifications and on the last flight it flew arrow straight to about 600-700 feet, next will be an "H"

Here is a list of motors that work with mine on the 7.5 foot rail.

GForce 7.5 Rail.GIF

Last edited:
Back