conical stability simulation in open rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKeller

Reaction score
ok, I'm messing with ideas and have some questions. I see there is an up cup rocket that is stable due to is geometry. can a similar geometry work but with a round nose instead of flat? I tried creating one in open rocket but the center of pressure is really forward. why?
sim.JPG

Last edited:
ok, I'm messing with ideas and have some questions. I see there is an up cup rocket that is stable due to is geometry. can a similar geometry work but with a round nose instead of flat? I tried creating one in open rocket but the center of pressure is really forward. why?
View attachment 182887

send me you rkt file I will make a mod

I'm sorry I misread your post and thought you were in rocksim, that will teach me to pay more attention. Not sure about open rocket.

I'm sorry I misread your post and thought you were in rocksim, that will teach me to pay more attention. Not sure about open rocket.
I figured, but thanks for the link. It was helpful.

Your design will have a lot of drag in the AFT, I add a cone to simulate this drag , you don't add the cone to the real it's only use for trick Open Rocket

cone_zps88a71db3.jpg

hey that's a nifty trick. will the CP actually be behind the rocket?

Last edited:
Back