Photobucket Alternative Needed.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
For the past few Months, whenever I go to do my thing at Photobucket, I am inundated with Pop-ups and Threats.
It has finally become too much of a Pain to use their Site for my Image Host, and I'm looking for suggestions of other Sites that I can use instead.
The other Option it to simply stop being able to share Pics' and post them in Threads. That would be a Shame as I enjoy sharing my Pics' with everyone here.
I'll leave the Photobucket Account as is, so the Pics' I've already got here will stay, but I need a new Site to use.
Thanks.

Flickr works nicely and you can embed pictures of arbitrary size into the forum so that unfortunate readers with high resolution screens won't have to peer at postage stamp sized photos.

I use Flickr. Another option is to use the forums built in file uploader (though there is a limit to the file size you can attach)...

For the past few Months, whenever I go to do my thing at Photobucket, I am inundated with Pop-ups and Threats.
It has finally become too much of a Pain to use their Site for my Image Host, and I'm looking for suggestions of other Sites that I can use instead.
The other Option it to simply stop being able to share Pics' and post them in Threads. That would be a Shame as I enjoy sharing my Pics' with everyone here.
I'll leave the Photobucket Account as is, so the Pics' I've already got here will stay, but I need a new Site to use.
Thanks.

Why not simply upload your pics directly from your hard drive to your posts?? Cut out the middleman...

That's the only way I've ever done it... no broken links from pics that get shuffled around or whatever, and no dealing with some third-party hosting service to mess around with (for all the reasons you stated).

Heck, the uploader here on the site even incorporates a "picture resizer" that will automatically resize your photo to what will make the website "happy"... no need for resizing them in MS Paint or whatever resizer you prefer (I usually open my pics in a "new tab" and then click on them to enlarge them to maximum, and re-save them from the thread, so if I re-post the same stuff over on YORF I can just use the already-resized photo over there-- no need to resize in a third-party program... the work's already done for you!... Once I've cross-posted, I throw the resize ones away and keep the original full-res versions...

I really don't get why people bother with these third-party photo hosting things, except for an online "backup" to their hard drive...

Later and best of luck! OL JR :)

flickr here... I know someone who has <20K photos and is nowhere near filling the terabyte you get for free.

Or if you are running Chrome or firefox, get Adblock plus. No more ads or popups from sites where you don't want them. May be an option if you want to keep photobucket.

Back