WTF? (Where's The Front?")

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CZ Brat

Reaction score
So this winter, I came up with a weird rocket idea. This spring I flew it successfully (naked), and then painted it a very simple paint scheme. With the exception of the Flis Kits Tres motor mount, the rocket is symmetrical looking. I had to add nose weight, and there is very little room for a chute, but it does work and fly very straight, even after motor burn out when it is at its least stable (due to the motors being above the cg). I am thinking about doing the same high mounted canted motors on a Big Daddy, or some other rocket.

DSC_0380 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0381 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0379 - Copy.JPG

What a cool Idea.
It kinda' creeps me out how it just stands there all on its own with no support.

Weird ... but fun!! :lol::lol:

I suspect you could probably put a nose block instead of a nose cone at the top of the entire rocket, and from more than about 3 feet away it would look exactly like you were launching the rocket upside down.

It would be a great rocket for demo launches (presuming you test-flew it a few times to make sure it was 100% stable).

:y::y:

There is a launch rod behind it to support it during the photo session. I may actually fly it for some cub scouts Wednesday.

Now that is just neat. Care to post a screencap of the sim file, if you have one?

Yep definitely awesome. I might do something similar someday myself now...

Love to see such creative rocketry with FlisKits stuff attached :). Very kewl!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Love to see such creative rocketry with FlisKits stuff attached :). Very kewl!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Thanks J. I appreciate that. I am looking at doing a fwd mounted dual 24mm or quad 18 mm on a Big daddy or Estes V2.

Cool. It reminds me of the old Hot Wheels truck that had front ends going both ways. You could put a big question mark on it and call it the Riddler.

I could call it the Riddler, but I like the double meaning of "WTF?", which of course means "Where's The Front?".

World Trade Federation, how nice you are looking out for building world wide prosperity through free trade!:)

Why The Face?
Where's The Food?
When's The Feast?

Or probably the most appropriate,

Will That Fly?

At around the same time you posted these photos I was well on my way to completing my own nose cone on both ends style of rocket.

It uses a Flis 18mm “Tress” canted motor mount, though mine is at the rear. Two “Big Bertha” style cones are used front and rear thus the name “Round Bottom Rocket”, and the three protruding motor tubes are hidden within three of the six BT60 tube fins giving the model the look of having no motor/s at all.

Demented minds think alike though yours, from all appearances is even more demented than mine in this case.

At around the same time you posted these photos I was well on my way to completing my own nose cone on both ends style of rocket.

It uses a Flis 18mm “Tress” canted motor mount, though mine is at the rear. Two “Big Bertha” style cones are used front and rear thus the name “Round Bottom Rocket”, and the three protruding motor tubes are hidden within three of the six BT60 tube fins giving the model the look of having no motor/s at all.

Demented minds think alike though yours, from all appearances is even more demented than mine in this case.

Sounds cool. Do you have pics or link to a thread? I would love to see it.

No pictures will be forthcoming from me until I can purchase a new digital camera for what I think they are worth; which would be around $20.00 considering how long the things last.

Back