Tablet & FIP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeR.

Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking about using my tablet for post-flight readings. Does anyone know if the Featherweight FIP program will work with Android OS 4.3 ??

Thanks, Mike

Hello, I am thinking about using my tablet for post-flight readings. Does anyone know if the Featherweight FIP program will work with Android OS 4.3 ??

Thanks, Mike

Nope, it's Windows-only.

Thanks, That's what I needed to know. Maybe look at a tablet with windows. Dreading the price though. HA
Mike

The Altus Metrum altimeters with telemetry can be controlled using the TeleBT accessory from Android.

The $40 EggTimer will talk to an Andriod tablet. But I don't have a terminal emulator which understands the cursor positioning escape codes. Anyone??

Or maybe we can ask Cris real nice to make a verion of EggTimer which only uses CRLF.

As a practical issue.. tablet displays are hard to read in bright sunlight.

--MCS

which serial terminal app have you tried? sena bt terminal has arrow keys and is the only serial program I've had any luck with on android. I don't know if the arrow keys actually work, though.

Try BlueTerm. It does VT100 codes, of which I only use a few (cursor positioning, clear to EOL, clear screen).

The $40 EggTimer will talk to an Andriod tablet. But I don't have a terminal emulator which understands the cursor positioning escape codes. Anyone??

Or maybe we can ask Cris real nice to make a verion of EggTimer which only uses CRLF.

As a practical issue.. tablet displays are hard to read in bright sunlight.

--MCS

Last edited:
Hi Cris,

I was too lazy and too cheap to buy or build a bluetooth adapter. I simply plugged a USB cable directly into the tablet... mostly just to see if it would work. It does work! I used Slick USB 2 Serial from SlickDev Labs.

Personally.. I don't think it's worth a lot of time to make a physical USB cable work. Bluetooth is the right answer.

--MCS

Last edited:
Back