Estes Semi-Scale V2 on a C11?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpe

Reaction score
I'm in the finishing stages of painting my Estes V2 and I'm hoping to fly it this weekend.

According to Estes the first flight motor should be a C-11. However, with all the plastic parts, I'm not sure that it isn't to heavy

Does anyone have any experience flying the Estes V2 on C11s? I tend to prefer low altitude flights (I think I'm a builder, not a walker) so I'm much more concerned about safety than getting it high up.

I'm in the finishing stages of painting my Estes V2 and I'm hoping to fly it this weekend.

According to Estes the first flight motor should be a C-11. However, with all the plastic parts, I'm not sure that it isn't to heavy

Does anyone have any experience flying the Estes V2 on C11s? I tend to prefer low altitude flights (I think I'm a builder, not a walker) so I'm much more concerned about safety than getting it high up.

I have an Estes Silver Comet which is basically a V2 with a molded detail on the nose cone and different shaped fins. It weighs 7.3 oz and flies nicely on C11-3 motors.

I've flown on a C11 as well. Good for small fields. And you get a relatively slow lift off that looks pretty cool.

I've flown on a C11 as well. Good for small fields. And you get a relatively slow lift off that looks pretty cool.

I should mention that the C11 worked fine for an unmodified Estes kit. I have some modified versions which have smaller fins to be more scale-like. They will not fly on a C11 due to the extra nose weight for stability. You should be fine unless you changed the model.

The main thing is that a 24mm C11 kicks harder and burns faster than a 18mm C6. You could not fly a model this size on a C6, but the C11 can do it. It's a nice lob, and not a long walk to recover it. It also flies great on D12s! The only time I've used E12's in it, I've also added a long payload tube to add weight and stability. It worked great, but it goes pretty high, even with the extra weight.

The main thing is that a 24mm C11 kicks harder and burns faster than a 18mm C6. You could not fly a model this size on a C6, but the C11 can do it. It's a nice lob, and not a long walk to recover it. It also flies great on D12s! The only time I've used E12's in it, I've also added a long payload tube to add weight and stability. It worked great, but it goes pretty high, even with the extra weight.
DITTO on the D12-5!.....Good altitude, but not CRAZY HIGH!:)

Back