Whats up with CDI?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been that way for more than a year. Kyle had some serious health issues and I think he has effectively closed up shop. Most inventory was sold and nothing has been restocked. I miss doing business with them :(

For those of us acronym challenged, would that be Commonwealth Displays?
Or is there something else out there with those initials that deals rocketry?

Adrian

Googled cdi rocketry and came up as rocket site in MI that everything is out of stock and has not been updated since last year

For those of us acronym challenged, would that be Commonwealth Displays?
Or is there something else out there with those initials that deals rocketry?

Adrian

Yup, that be them. Kyle had a super sale a while back, practically giving stuff away, too bad it ended as it did.

CDI or commonwealth displays started life as a brick-and-mortar fireworks store. They became a rocketry dealer, and were in business for a lot of years.

A few years back the original owner decided to get out of the rocketry biz. They sold the rocketry stock and website to a guy named Kyle. I don't believe the new owner had any real intention of running the business (I could be wrong) but I don't believe ever restocked the "store". Just sold off the remaining inventory and walked away.

The new owner did get sick in 2012, but left a banner on the website in Jan 2013 that he was still selling...

I purchased from the original owner a few times. In my opinion - if they are OOB - that's no big loss. The folks who fly in MI might have another opinion...

I've done business with Commonwealth for years, even before Kyle bought the business. Kyle and I are buddies. Yes, He had a heart attack and the stress of running the business impacted him and his family. Yes, I'm guilty of cleaning out a lot of his inventory, more as a favour, but to restock also. I tried to buy the business, but he had a silent partner that had another agenda. Kyle is a great guy and has recovered and moved on with his life and family. I wish him the best and am sad to see another vendor leave the building.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. He was good to deal with. Sad to see the business go.

I know this is an old thread and all, but...

The website is still up, albeit with some rather stale information! Somebody is paying for it!

so

What is up with it?

Back