5000th post!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe you guys have managed to put up with me for 5K posts. I read back through some of my older threads... Gawd, I was an idiot...

I have learned so much from you guys on here. I have also spent God-knows-how-much money on here. I searched my username in the yard sale forum... Sheesh... I bought a lot of stuff. Also, can't believe how much stuff you guys have given me on here.

I cannot even start to list the number of "Pay it Forward" threads on here that have ended me up with a kewl thing....

3stoogesrocketry actually gave me a full 38-480 Loki case and nozzle, and a full 29/40-120 motor.

Jimzcatz gave me an I357 for my darkstar jr. (He offered me a J825, but I decided not to fly it as I would probably lose it. He also gave me a Pro29-4G motor for retrieving one of his rockets)

bottscott08 is donating a 5 yards of CF and a vacuum bagging system to my robotics team, and also giving me a Madcow arcas that he crashed.

Ted Chernok gave me a free 20 foot sewn shock cord.

Tfish gave me a nose cone mold and some carbon fiber.

Jarhead gave me some pneumatic plugs.

Crazy jim offered me a half price deal on his ematches if I retrieve his and Don Ball's rockets, and clean their motor cases.

Papa Seagull gave me some epoxy to fix a nose cone.

Dixontj90360 gave me a free crayon kit.

Yoehahn gave me a free Pro29 3G case and closure.

I think troj has given me some magazines.

I probably forgot some people....

However, another reason I love this group is it is my only social life. I have a hard time interacting with other kids. Whenever kids are paired up with me, it is an "Oh Great, Matt again" reaction. You guys never do that on here. You will criticize, joke, poke some fun, but in the end I know I am learning. I have been on this forum since March of 2012... Hard to believe it has been over 2 years since I joined. I still remember my first rocket idea was a 4 inch Nike Smoke on a cluster of BP and AP motors... not to mention the K875 two stager, the 8 inch fat boy, the 2 stage HPR rocket... The list goes on and on. If I hadn't joined here, I never would have been to SC, probably would have made many stupid decisions, would have spent a lot more money (actually, I probably could debate this one), and SOO much more.

I never would have learned of the H410, never would have heard of Loki research, never would have seen the debate over cato v CATO, never would have learned about EX, would have about 1/4 of the emails in my inbox, would still have friends, etc...

Not to mention, Hannah will be joining the forum soon... She wants to start getting involved in rockets. :neener:
:p

Thanks, and See you at 10K!!!

Matt

I am a proud Seagull- *sniff* that's my boy right over there-rootin' thru that discarded bag of French fries. What more coulda bird want???
(Seriously Matt-you've come a long way and now you are a bona-fide, smoke eatin', steely-eyed Missile Man-good job, mate!)

Last edited:
got to value the fairer sex, they have a different way of thinking that can aid in seeing what can go wrong or what can be done easier. don't be surprised if she passes you by :).

At least you acknowledge it.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Wow,,,
Good for you Matt,,,,,,
You have definitely come a long way.......
Keep on learning Matt...........

Knowledge is power.............

Teddy

Man, look at all the love you get! Remember the good ol' days when you wanted to "stick an H410 in it"? Well I did that just this last Saturday and my rocket crashed. I don't really like Vmax anymore. Too many CATO's and failed ejections. The 2 stage dream was a favorite recollection. I remember when I was a bit younger I had a whole lot more imagination and big dreams. I could draw fanciful spacecraft and situations. Now I can't/don't know how anymore :(
-Ken

...yep! I remember when you showed up. I cringed whenever you started a thread, but now I am excited to see you post. Just keep doing what you are doing!

I hope you understand that we're growing you as a replacement for aging rocketeers.

Somebody has to take our place and it may as well be you. :)

I hope you understand that we're growing you as a replacement for aging rocketeers.

oOh yeah, Kit?? When I go, I'm taking the hobby with me. I figger y'all got a coupla more good years-then it's stamp collecting for the young'ns!

Wow,,,
Good for you Matt,,,,,,
You have definitely come a long way.......
Keep on learning Matt...........

Knowledge is power.............

Teddy
Thanks!

I've enjoyed your posts in the short while I've been here.
You are welcome.

THAT's where it came from... :)
Man, look at all the love you get! Remember the good ol' days when you wanted to "stick an H410 in it"? Well I did that just this last Saturday and my rocket crashed. I don't really like Vmax anymore. Too many CATO's and failed ejections. The 2 stage dream was a favorite recollection. I remember when I was a bit younger I had a whole lot more imagination and big dreams. I could draw fanciful spacecraft and situations. Now I can't/don't know how anymore :(
-Ken
I still love vmax.

Forget the H410. Try an I800.
Can't afford it.

...yep! I remember when you showed up. I cringed whenever you started a thread, but now I am excited to see you post. Just keep doing what you are doing!
:) :neener:

Well shoot, rocketry is screwed. :)

You had a pretty rough start on this forum. I was surprised that you stuck around - pretty thick skin. Hopefully, you stay with it or at least come back as a BAR if you take a short break.

Hey,,,
That's a good one,,,
We have to fertilize him,,,,,,,,,,
( Burgers )
We have to water him,,,,,,,,,,
( Soda )
And he'll grow and grow..........

I think the learning part comes in when he buds up in the spring.............

Teddy

Matt, you've never been an idiot. Young and enthusiastic? You betcha! An idiot? No.

You've gone through growing pains, and you've learned. That's what we hoped for, and we're glad you've stuck around!

-Kevin

Hey,,,
That's a good one,,,
We have to fertilize him,,,,,,,,,,
( Burgers )
We have to water him,,,,,,,,,,
( Soda )
And he'll grow and grow..........

I think the learning part comes in when he buds up in the spring.............

Teddy
Plants crave electrolytes....

I joined after you did and didn't realize how old (young) you are. Didn't I advise you to have a couple Jack Daniels for a plane trip!?! LOL!

I like smart and creative people. You're going to do great in life. I'll see you at your 10k post!

I always used to think your last name was Tripoli because of your siggy..............lol

Teddy

I know that now Matt...........
I shipped to you....................lol

Teddy

-Ken

Oh, and BTW, I am starting work on another 2 stage rocket (now I have an altimeter with actual staging capabilities... RRC3 FTW!! Also, getting a tracker soon...).

I also remember the days of "$25 for a G106? That is WAY too expensive..." as I turn around and buy a $40 J motor... :rofl:

Back